Top Teams Next year

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Saucesauer » Wed May 03, 2006 7:44 pm

if i could chose right now i would go onto juniors and not look back espically if i was hillman he was a :censored: good golie this year keeping BHS in a lot of games iam sure he could do the same for the bobcats as well as get that extra little jump on his class in 07
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsioux » Thu May 04, 2006 11:17 am

I think Monson might be goin to Fargo to play, just hearsay though...
ndsioux

Postby fellowes » Thu May 04, 2006 12:39 pm

Thats possible. Monson may end up in Bismarck next season as he tried out for the Bobcats last season and continued to practice with them until the beginning of the high school season. I had heard a rumor that Hillman was originally going to play for the FM Jets until the Bobcats offered him a tender. Just speculation and 2nd hand information though.....
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby exwestcoach » Thu May 04, 2006 11:00 pm

Hillmans dad told me he signed with the Bobcats, Monsons dad said more than likely Bobcats, Connell is still out there.
exwestcoach

Postby roadkill19 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:04 pm

The past 2 pages of this site has been about what players are doing next year, i believe the title of this category is "Top Teams Next Year." Lets keep it that way.  Im sick of people starting rumors about different players.  Keep the chatter on this site about teams, after all thats what wins state championships.
roadkill19
NDPreps Rookie

Postby fellowes » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:58 pm

People were interested in the future of players around the state, it just happened to raise conversation. I would agree that some of the material discussed is secondhand information but i havent seen any "rumors" that are bad or innappropriate. It's discussion and I'm sorry it makes you sick.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:44 pm

tenders, signing with the team all i means he can't go anywhere else it all comes down to how well he does. If he stinks it up he will be cut just like the rest of the roster if they don't come ready to play. Another name you all don't know about is Ethan Kline out of mandan the kid is real legit. All don't get to see the talent the kid has with the poor team he plays with but if you put him on minot this year with the team they had would have made a better run at state with those sub par goalies up there. hes on the 88 selects team right now spliting time with a ushl backup goalie and hes only going to be a junior look for him for going his senior year and going to play in bigger and better things
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby fellowes » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:09 am

The ushl backup that Kline is splitting time with is Sioux Falls Stampede coach Kevin Hartzell's kid. He wasnt on the roster and didnt see any time between the pipes for the Stampede this year due to the fact that Sioux Falls had two of the top goalies in the USHL with Alex Kangas and John Murray. 
   Good point about good goalies on poor teams it can either make them or break them. A solid goaltender on a below average team could be an oppurtunity to show their true colors and how well they perform when facing alot of shots. Some goalies that are on good teams dont always see many shots and may not have a chance to show how good they are.
  For those of you who arent sure how the tender situation works Tyler Jundt and Andy Dittus are good examples. They are tendered by NAHL teams but got drafted by USHL teams, if Jundt plays in the NAHL he would have to play for Santa Fe and Dittus would have to play for Bismarck because they signed tenders with those teams. If they played in the USHL their rights would be to the Green Bay Gamblers because they were drafted by them. Marc Mihulka signed with the FM Jets of the NAHL but would be able to play in the USHL. Ditka14 has a good point when he says "if he stinks it up he will be cut" a tender is not a garuntee to make the team although most kids that are tendered or drafted have a better shot at making the team then someone who was not. Normally a tender is used when a team needs to be sure that if the kid is going to play in their league they want to make sure its for them. It's  insurance that the player wont jump ship and join another squad that has been looking at him.
 Ditka14, any idea how Mandan will be next season?
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby kel20Nd » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:25 pm

[align=left]
fellowes wrote: Ditka14, any idea how Mandan will be next season?
Bad
[/align]
kel20Nd

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:37 pm

Mandan is going to have a tough year again with this i personally can ammit the team is going to be really young like usual. Though the bantams coming up in 2 years will give mandan its next shot at peaking and making it to state. With coming off being the first bantam team in mandan to make it to the A1 state tourney that i can remember. Which i believe they were seated 3rd out of the south. Though might not seem like a big deal but coming from Mandan think it was pretty impressive. 
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:49 pm

Though like i said earlier its going to be a huge help to have Kline FINALLY between the pipes full time without having to worry about there trash they had in there last year. He will finally be able to show what he can do as a starter other then sitting and watching last year when he should have been between the pipes!!!
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:29 pm

so with how young mandan is going to be and losing a lot of seniors and IMO the only good returner is #3 how many shots do you think klein will see in a period /game/season?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby syracuse_10 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:46 pm

Saucesauer wrote:so with how young mandan is going to be and losing a lot of seniors and IMO the only good returner is #3 how many shots do you think klein will see in a period /game/season?

anywhere from 30-50 a game I would say, depending on the team they play. Too many to keep mandan in games.
syracuse_10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fellowes » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:35 pm

A look at goaltenders in the west next year. (probable starters or returners)

GAA         SV%        AVERAGE SHOTS PER GAME
MANDAN- Kline                         4.77         89%                   44
MINOT- SKogen                        2.44         89%                   21
WILLISTON- Haugenoe^           2.08        91%                   19
HAZEN- Oster                           5.71         86%                   43
DICKINSON- Kovacs                 3.65         87%                   27
*DEVILS LAKE- Groves              2.55        87%                   20
CENTURY- Knutson                   4.24         87%                   35
BISMARCK HIGH- Reynolds       6.07         85%                   27
                           Eichele           6.00         83%                  35                                                                   Hillman<        2.25         92%                   28   - if returns senior year                                                                                                                            *JAMESTOWN- Enderle              4.00          85%                   27

* swap of regions
^All West Region , West Region All Tournament Team
<All West Region, West Region All Tournament Team, All State
Last edited by fellowes on Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:55 am

So we've heard all of this talk about how Jamestown will do next year in the WEST. Let's talk about how Devils Lake will do in the EAST next year. What are your guys' opinions? I Know the Boys in DL are working very hard this offseason to get prepared..

Discuss.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:46 am

89%

The box goes games, avg, GA, SON, SVS, S%
With those stats just in 13 games do the math looks like he will be pushing up in the 900 next season other goalie in the state sees that much. Let alone some didn't even push that total for the hole season.

Last edited by Ditka14 on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDhockey6b » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:56 pm

I think it will take DL a little time to adjust to the small differences in the east play but i think they will do fine and maybe even make it to state finishing 3rd or 4th i think they have the skill to do it but do they have the want and will?
every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby secretpotion » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:44 pm

I believe Jamestown is going to suprise all the west teams.  The only reason why they lost to century is because there best defenseman just got injured in warm-ups

secretpotion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbb » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:45 pm

who was that?
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby secretpotion » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:46 pm

DL is looking very good. I saw a game of theres and I would agree that people should be ready to strap it on against DL

secretpotion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDhockey6b » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:23 pm

i agree with Jamestown being the top teams in the west. From what they are used to playing last season they should be able to roll over the west but they will probably just be top 2.

I also agree with you that no east team is going to be looking forward to play DL. I believe they only lost 4 SRs. And correct me if im wrong they will only have 4 SRs again this year yet have like 15 or more returning varsity players. Most of their firepower comes from their impressive 08 class (next year juniors) they scored all their state tourny goals. The 08 have the majority of the returning points but the SR class has lots of skill. SR's have that  Evenson kid too,he had 19 goals and finished with 29 points. That is a lot for a kid on a team that ran a 3 line rotation everygame.
Last edited by NDhockey6b on Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDhockey6b » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:26 pm

DL's 08 class will also have their last years starting goalie for 2 more seasons.

He finished 6th in the state for goalies as a sophmore.   Groves
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:08 am

West Fargo will be on a big time down year. Probably the next 2-3 years. Anyone have any thought of where they will sit in the standings for the east or the state? Id say they will be either 2nd or 3rd to last in the east. Depending on how North will be this year. WF lost 16 SRs. 
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby secretpotion » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:21 pm

At least someone believes Jamestown will be a force next year.  With two of there starters playing Elite 2 as Juniors.  Never being cut from a select team.  Also one of them is one heck of a hitter.  So hockey kids that are reading this keep your heads up.

secretpotion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby syracuse_10 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:11 pm

secretpotion wrote:I believe Jamestown is going to suprise all the west teams.  The only reason why they lost to century is because there best defenseman just got injured in warm-ups

What's the reason they lost to Bismarck High 7-0?
Last edited by syracuse_10 on Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syracuse_10
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey