Top Teams Next year

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby under armour » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:22 am

Did Dickinson gain any respect in the west side of the state this year or they just the same old Dickinson to everyone?
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDhockey6b » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:00 pm

Who knows where that kid is going! I have now heard of 6 different places he is going.

Dickinson's team had one of their best seasons yet. Or should i say Dickinson's first line had one of their best seasons yet (since they did probably 70% of the scoring for the midgets.) They suprised many fans and played some close games. Dickinson is earning respect little by little every season hopefully that gained respect does not fall threw the ice next season.
Last edited by NDhockey6b on Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:36 pm

NDhockey6b wrote:Who knows where that kid is going! I have now heard of 6 different places he is going.

Dickinson's team had one of their best seasons yet. Or should i say Dickinson's first line had one of their best seasons yet (since they did probably 70% of the scoring for the midgets.) They suprised many fans and played some close games. Dickinson is earning respect little by little every season hopefully that gained respect does not fall threw the ice next season.

I agree with both parts of the post. Sounds like McBain's gonna play 3 or 4 games on about 6 different teams next year?

And yes, I think Dickinson did earn some respect this year. They did manage to play pretty well at times in the year. Their first line was the major reason for their success. They managed to hang with Williston for two periods or so at the West Regional, but then Williston overcame them. Slowly, they are getting some respect.

big_tyme_hockey

Postby money2128 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:52 pm

exwestcoach wrote:For those of you who consider yourselves hockey gurus, I would like to have you rethink your idea that by Jamestown simply moving to the west they will be the power out there. They lost over 60% of their point production through graduation and Century beat them last year. I beg to differ, they will be lucky to finish higher than 6th in the west in 2006-2007.

Lucky to finish higher than 6th in the west in 2006-2007.

Give me a break.
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:39 pm

Well they probably won't be 6th, but I think they'd have a tough time being up there for number 1 or 2 in the West.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby NDhockey6b » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:48 pm

I would say 3rd or 4th place. And that is 4th and the highest they will go probably. The west will be in a down year. Jamestown is not going to be great but they will have enough to take 4th or better in the west to make it to state for the first time in along while i sure.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby roadkill19 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:55 pm

For all of you that think Bismarck Century is going through a rebuilding year you are incorrect.  The patriots will have 16 seniors all with Varsity playing time.  They will be quite strong in the west next year.
roadkill19
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDhockey6b » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:13 pm

Century will be tough. Probably #1. Players to watch out for are probably 5 guys from Cen. and i personally think that Aide was a large part of high this season. He may not have the points to show for it but he impressed me on his PP skills and passing skills. We all know he has it in is blood. Stremmick from minot if he stays will be the top west player. He needs to work on his staking skills though, he looks like a stiff no knee putz at times but his stick skills make up for it. Rehak from williston has great potential. I believe he has been playin Varsity since 8th grade. Next year will probably be looked at as a leader. I think he learned a lot from bein on Jundt's line. Caleb Haugen from mandan is the real deal but is almost all alone. Mandan had a solid bantam team that i wouldnt be suprised takin over V-squad next year. West Fargo will be a new team next year loseing all those srs. North will be ligit. Shanley's got some good skaters. Next year will depend ALOT on the offseason team improvments. I know WF does lifting all summer round. I learned AL henry (DL) coach has his team lift 3 times a week all summer and has testing on something that i do not know. He has a week long camp with the team. In the fall AL coaches Cross country and makes every kid join a sport or countinue with 3 times a week lifting from the summer. South does probably the most in the offseason iv heard of a every otherday team workout. That is all i have heard and anyone from south can you explain the workout or anyone that knows of it? and anyone from dl what is the testing that you do? Teams reply what your team does in the offseason to get better.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby under armour » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 am

I know Dickinson has been having dry land works every other day of the week. Since Dave Hanneman has been their he has been turning things around and getting the kids to put in the effort. Dickinson has no ice from the week state hockey is over until the week teams can start practice, which puts them in a world of hurt. Ice time is essential to every team and it's to bad they can't get any. But other than that I know most of the kids shoot pucks almost daily and a lot of plyos, running, and strength training.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby DrPepper1 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:16 pm

Regardless of how good any of the West teams are, they'll all get swept in the first round of state like pretty much every other year.

South

GPR

GFRR

Period.
Last edited by DrPepper1 on Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby exwestcoach » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Jamestown will not be in the top half of the west next year. They lost 70% of their scoring, a supposedly "good" senior class, and Century beat them last year. A year Century was down/inexperienced, those inexperienced juniors will be next years seniors, they along with BHS, Minot, Hazen and Williston should all finish above Jamestown. 
exwestcoach

Postby exwestcoach » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:36 pm

The day will come.
exwestcoach

Postby roadkill19 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:58 am

exwestcoach wrote:Jamestown will not be in the top half of the west next year. They lost 70% of their scoring, a supposedly "good" senior class, and Century beat them last year. A year Century was down/inexperienced, those inexperienced juniors will be next years seniors, they along with BHS, Minot, Hazen and Williston should all finish above Jamestown. 

I agree with everything you said exwestcoach, exept putting Hazen in there with the rest of those teams.  They are going to be incredibly short on numbers and with talk of McBain moving to another team, i can't see them any higher than 8th in the west. 
roadkill19
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDhockey6b » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:47 pm

I also agree with exwestcoach. Just because a East team moves the the west, does NOT make them state bound. They have some skilled players that should make them a ligit team in the west, same if they would have stayed in the east. This move may stirr things up. It may make the west look good or bad. If jamestown does better than expected by bein one of the top 2-4 , than people may say "its just because they moved to the west." Also one of the West's better teams moving to the east could very well be one of the top in the east. That would maybe change peoples mind of the west being the hockey slackers.

Some west teams earned respect in state. BHS almost took out the #1 east team. Bismarck matched up well with RR making it a close game. Devils Lake took it to South(later state champs) by leading the 1st period...proving a point that thyed have to take DL more serious than expected. Personally i think if BHS and south would have played it would have been 6,7-1 and if DL would have played RR it would have been 4,5-0. Just watching the teams I thought DL's defensive style just played south perfect to keep them from scoring. DL's D kept everyone spread out and away from the puck, which let the goalie make easy to see straight on shots. BHS's neutral zone attack kept RR from having control of the puck in the Demons zone.

But as for Minot they yet again fell short of winning the game to get to the 2nd round. It may be along while for them to have a team to get that chance again. Williston just had too many injuries. This was their big year.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby money2128 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:02 pm

Correct, Just because a team moves from the East to the West doesn't make them state bound, but obviously you can't deny that they don't have a better chance playing in the west.

I think Jamestown will fair better than most of you think.  I think there sophmore class (next years Juniors) could potentially make them dangerous especially in the West. But who knows thats why they play the games.

I could see century finishing in the top four, but i dont think they finish 1st.
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby under armour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:05 pm

What did you all think of Dickinson's 1 line they had this year?
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:14 pm

Personally, I thought they were a pretty good line this year. Willer and Leiss seemed to make a few too many visits to the box though.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby under armour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:03 pm

I agree, Leiss had a little bit of a temper problem, and Willer just always found a way to get in there. But those 3 on a line worked great together and made some teams watch out for them.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:21 am

Yeah, I agree with what you said too. Unfortunately the trio was all seniors, so we'll have to see what Dickinson will have to work with next year...
big_tyme_hockey

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:19 pm

the fact dickinson lost those 3 is looking bad for nbext year
Last edited by Saucesauer on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tomjof64 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:40 pm

saw dickinson play at wda. 2nd line was 2 freshman and a soph. 3rd line was 2 soph and a junior. young defense. young goaltending.  but next year they will have some growing pains. one year doesn't answer all the questions, but the program seems to be on the right track.  look for century, bismarck, and minot. fourth in the west will be a battle that nobody wants to win, when you have to go to grand forks in feb.
tomjof64

Postby under armour » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:58 pm

I agree, they got Cole Frenzel (Freshman), Jeff Kaiser (Sophomore), and John O'Brien (Freshman).  They all stepped up huge for Dickinson and hopefully can keep the pace going into next year. The goalie Grant Kovacs (Sophomore) is inconsistent but can play a good game for them. Also there defense is young, they don't lose one defense men so that will help. Once again it might be a rebuilding year but don't over look them because they are jittery. But losing of 3/4 of their scoring will be a big hurt to them.
Last edited by under armour on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbb » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:42 pm

Jamestown has the upcoming Mr. Hockey on the team.  I don't know if you have heard of him, he goes by the name of Zach Welding, and he will lead Jamestown to the top of the west.  Like it or not, they did have a poor season this year, and they did lost around 50% of their point production, but the upcoming senior class overshadows last years and they have a lot of experience.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:09 pm

Don't get me wrong on this one, but I don't think that Welding will be the one to come out with Mr. Hockey. I'm not holding anything against him or putting him down at all. He is a good player, but I just don't think that the award will go to him.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:59 pm

ndbb wrote:Jamestown has the upcoming Mr. Hockey on the team.  I don't know if you have heard of him, he goes by the name of Zach Welding, and he will lead Jamestown to the top of the west.  Like it or not, they did have a poor season this year, and they did lost around 50% of their point production, but the upcoming senior class overshadows last years and they have a lot of experience.

woah woah woah

you have to be kidding me i cant believe you would embarrass yourself by saying that there is no way that welding will get mr hockey you must of never heard about nathen stremick minot  zach miller gpr  danny wurden south not that i dislike mr welding but he is returning with 12 points stremick and miller both more than tripled that this year and wurden was 3 pts shy of tripiling that and as its been stated numerous times just because j town is comming to the west that dosnt mean they are going to be great they were a sub par team last year and with losses to not only bhs but also CHS!!! and beating whapaton by the narrow margin of 6-5 iam just not seeing anything you said come true but hey its sports if we knew what was going to happen we wouldnt do it but thats why you play the game its sports anything can happen
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey