Preseason Picks for 07-08!!!

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:49 pm

Favre#1 wrote:You guys just wait until next year shanley will surprise all of you guys talking bad about them they will be top 4 or 5

i sure hope shanley turns things around, the more competition the better.  i notice north and west fargo maybe turning a corner also.  having 20 guys returning, plus whatever moves up will help. 

there's more to hockey then red river, fargo south, and grafton-park river.  i know bismarck high will start turning heads in 2-3 years, they have a very strong youth program.   
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:14 pm

The Hockey Wizzard wrote:
Favre#1 wrote:You guys just wait until next year shanley will surprise all of you guys talking bad about them they will be top 4 or 5

i sure hope shanley turns things around, the more competition the better.  i notice north and west fargo maybe turning a corner also.  having 20 guys returning, plus whatever moves up will help. 

there's more to hockey then red river, fargo south, and grafton-park river.  i know bismarck high will start turning heads in 2-3 years, they have a very strong youth program.   

yes they do have a strong program
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favre#1 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:39 am

1. Shanley was playing Red River

2. Neither goalie had any help

3. Shanley played their third string goalie

4. Shanley's goalie inthe third played out of his head and didnt allow any

5. Shanley was saving most of their fowards and defensemen for north because they knew they couldn't win

If you would have read the article after that game the coach would have told you all of what i just said in the article about it
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:42 am

Favre#1 wrote:1. Shanley was playing Red River

5. Shanley was saving most of their fowards and defensemen for north because they knew they couldn't win

If you would have read the article after that game the coach would have told you all of what i just said in the article about it

Then the next day Shanley lost to North wit htheir goalie and their "rested forwards".
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby dubblepen » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:22 am

Im gonna go out on a limb and guess u play fo shanley. that was the funniest article i hav eva read in my life. it was a good plan though, cuz they only lost to north 8-1.
blood sweat and tears, i dripped all tre jus to get hur.
dubblepen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Gophers9 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:55 pm

dubblepen wrote:

Im gonna go out on a limb and guess u play fo shanley. that was the funniest article i hav eva read in my life. it was a good plan though, cuz they only lost to north 8-1.

I'm guessing you go to North, and North lost Bombenger, Klein, Labernik, Mickelberg, Cary, LaBounty, Trana, Holm, Torson, and Zheren. They combined for 123 points. Shenley lost Kludt and Indergaard who combined for 11 points. That leaves North with 71 other points and the seniors having 63.4 percent of the teams offense. Shanley has 89 left over points but, their seniors only had 11 percent of the teams offense. Plus Shanley will have goalies with varsity experience, whereas North will be starting a junior with a 79% save percentage in 2 games. So just watch out.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dubblepen » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:08 pm

Gophers9 wrote:
dubblepen wrote:

I'm guessing you go to North, and North lost Bombenger, Klein, Labernik, Mickelberg, Cary, LaBounty, Trana, Holm, Torson, and Zheren. They combined for 123 points. Shenley lost Kludt and Indergaard who combined for 11 points. That leaves North with 71 other points and the seniors having 63.4 percent of the teams offense. Shanley has 89 left over points but, their seniors only had 11 percent of the teams offense. Plus Shanley will have goalies with varsity experience, whereas North will be starting a junior with a 79% save percentage in 2 games. So just watch out.

im not sur y we r talkin bout the powerhouse of shanley tho, or about the north shanley matchup for next year but one both teams will probably not make it to state and second red river is the team that will win state with meland vigen simonson ladoucer galbreath and arnason.

you actually believe u had a chance against north by not playing ur top players against red river at edc? now thats funny.
Last edited by dubblepen on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blood sweat and tears, i dripped all tre jus to get hur.
dubblepen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Gophers9 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:11 am

dubblepen wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:
dubblepen wrote:

im not sur y we r talkin bout the powerhouse of shanley tho, or about the north shanley matchup for next year but one both teams will probably not make it to state and second red river is the team that will win state with meland vigen simonson ladoucer galbreath and arnason.

you actually believe u had a chance against north by not playing ur top players against red river at edc? now thats funny.

That wasn't our choice.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Gophers9 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:11 am

dubblepen wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:
dubblepen wrote:

That wasn't our choice.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:17 am

can a team have 3 mr.hockey fianlists? meland, laducer galbreath
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:34 pm

gfhockey wrote:can a team have 3 mr.hockey fianlists? meland, laducer galbreath
It's probably possible, but I highly doubt it will happen. It will most likely be 1 from the West, a player from either South or GPR, and two of the three players from RR mentioned above. (Meland, Ladoucer, Galbreath)

For state next year, I'm guessing it will be RR (Of course) in the Championship versus either Grafton-PR or South. I'd put my money on another South vs. Red River matchup, just because it seems to be the trend these days, however it won't be an easy road for South to get past GPR with that incredible Junior line that GPR will have coming up.
The championship game will either be RR dominating, or an upset. We'll have to see, should be a fun season to watch.
Last edited by HockeyHigh on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:54 pm

any chance of the west winning a first rounder?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:27 am

brownbomber wrote:any chance of the west winning a first rounder?

no. 0. zilch
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:10 am

what will the edc look like next year?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:46 pm

brownbomber wrote:what will the edc look like next year?

Same 3 teams has been, Grafton, South, Red River. One wild card from the east fills the 4th spot, and their goal is to win the first round game against the #1 seed in the west and then drop out.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favre#1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:17 am

Don't count out devils i bet you they finish higher then south next year

1. Red River

2. Grafton

3. Devils Lake

4. South

There is my prediction for top four
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Favre#1 wrote:Don't count out devils i bet you they finish higher then south next year

1. Red River

2. Grafton

3. Devils Lake

4. South

There is my prediction for top four

Who does DL have that would make them in contention with South? South still has some of their studs left from last year, namely Tyrel Mcbain, Hooey, and Powers (If he gets to play). I dont remember DL being strong, and all I've heard of them is that they've lost everyone but their goalie. DL's JV is one of the weakest in the state also, so I don't see much coming up for them.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Gophers9 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:36 am

They still have Heit who is a solid defenseman.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:52 am

and return goalie danny groves i believe?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:52 am

and return goalie danny groves i believe?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:00 am

i dont think dl will be ahead of south for the lone reason that dl wont be able to reload as well as south. south, year in and year out, is able to reload with good underclassmen to back up their quality seniors. the one advantage dl will have over south is their goalie. groves returns with tons of experience against high caliber teams, where as south, who will most likely have drew kelly in net, doesnt have that experience.
highheat

Postby Favre#1 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:31 am

Powers won't be there he is playing juniors

Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby highheat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:44 am

any proof of that or just word of mouth?
highheat

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:43 am

Favre#1 wrote:Powers won't be there he is playing juniors
This is the first time I heard anything mentioned about him playing Juniors... have any resources to back that up?
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:22 am

is anyone else from around the state not going to be playin in ND next season?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey