Eric Herbel as Mr. Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:31 pm

tim wrote:
UND#1 wrote:Im just wondering how bad the Canadian hockey teams were that Bottineau was beating 8-2,7-1, 7-0.   You let BHS or Minot play a team like this and they will have a mr. hockey canidet.  Stremick had one less point than Herbal after WDA and Minot played several games against east teams.

Heres where minot, and bismark high come into play, they both may play east teams, and bottineau still plays canadian, but bottineau also only lost to both of these teams by just a couple or one goal. you dont see them taking any crap

We aren't giving them crap because most of the east doesn't expect them to do well either way.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:39 pm

i cant wait till the day when the east has to eat some of their words, even though im from fargo, im sick of the attitude towards another team.... big heads get you no where.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:43 pm

tim wrote:i cant wait till the day when the east has to eat some of their words, even though im from fargo, im sick of the attitude towards another team.... big heads get you no where.

That's what we're waiting for actually, some competition from the west isn't a bad thing. We'd love to have more competition from the other half of the state, and wouldn't eat our own words if they did well. Respect is given to teams that deserve it.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby tim » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:07 pm

i understand that the west has its problems keeping up with the big time hockey schools in the east, but, i also do think that there is a little too much slammin on teams that have been improving, williston, was never known for going to state that often until about four years ago, and now theyve gone ever since, just like bottineau, id like to see the day when a small school like that would have a chance at the state championship just as much as any other school.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby jo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:15 am

i dont know how much you want to talk about better numbers since he was the top scorer in the state and was second for total points
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby undgf » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:28 am

u talk about coming back and playing for home team. It should be mentoined that herba tried out for several jr teams and was cut from all that is why he ended up in bott.
undgf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:38 am

That is not true at all...he wanted to have his senior year with his friends and family.  That is why he gave up his roster spot with the AAA team.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Metal Edge » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:09 am

Baller wrote:That is not true at all...he wanted to have his senior year with his friends and family.  That is why he gave up his roster spot with the AAA team.

he did give up a roster spot with his AAA team, but was cut by the bobcats who are now calling constantly to get him to come down and play. 

Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby undgf » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:02 am

He didn't make several teams. That is why he went back. He did give a spot up on the AA midget minor team and never made the aaa team or others he tried.
undgf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey4life » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:56 pm

I think overall Herbal earned it. He was a constant threat everytime he was on the ice.
Last edited by hockey4life on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:59 pm

in my mind a kid who comes back from playing AAA hockey to play for his home town tells me he left to get better so when he came back he would make his team better
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:02 pm

brownbomber wrote:in my mind a kid who comes back from playing AAA hockey to play for his home town tells me he left to get better so when he came back he would make his team better

great point!  he did make bottineau better and gave the program up north a much needed boost.  it looks like bottineau has good numbers all the way thru peewee's, so hopefully they can continue to improve.
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tim » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:22 pm

i think that bottineau might impress some people the next two years.... they have a huge group of sophomores, including their starting goalie from this year, and a couple of their better defensemen, id say that they cannot be overlooked next year and the year to follow
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:25 pm

tim wrote:i think that bottineau might impress some people the next two years.... they have a huge group of sophomores, including their starting goalie from this year, and a couple of their better defensemen, id say that they cannot be overlooked next year and the year to follow

But then you realize that the East has a LOT larger powerhouses coming up, namely South/RR/Grafton. North should be good enough to beat out the #1 seed in the west to make it a noshow for the west again in state.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby jo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:58 am

no im not his linemate,but i use to live in botno so i go to alot of their games and i dnt c y no one gives botno anycredit i think that the east sould shut their mouth and wait and c who makes it to state next year
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball007 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:52 am

what? so we can watch them go 0 for 4 again?
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tim » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:44 pm

someday bud someday.... thats all i got, you may think that because your eastern friends have won for the last (who cares how many) years, that you have the right to come to a state tournament game thinkin that your a shoe  in to win the first round, let me tell you something, in 1980 a bunch of college kids beat the russian superstars, and then later went on to win a world championship, now you cant tell me that your superstars, cant be beaten by a meadocre team.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:56 pm

tim wrote:someday bud someday.... thats all i got, you may think that because your eastern friends have won for the last (who cares how many) years, that you have the right to come to a state tournament game thinkin that your a shoe  in to win the first round, let me tell you something, in 1980 a bunch of college kids beat the russian superstars, and then later went on to win a world championship, now you cant tell me that your superstars, cant be beaten by a meadocre team.

one of these days it will happen we might have to wait awhile
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:19 pm

it sounds like bismarck high will be a contender within a couple years.  there youth program is firing on all cylinders, especially there bantam a teams.  i'm guessing century will be down, it seem like everybody goes to high.
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:01 am

I have a question for you. Did danny ever go and spend a whole year of highschool in a different state to go and play hockey and get better?......if he did, good for him. If he didn't, then dont say that he is more devoted to hockey than eric. Get your facts straight.
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:03 am

maybe eric is just better? that is a possibility
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:21 pm

jo wrote:I have a question for you. Did danny ever go and spend a whole year of highschool in a different state to go and play hockey and get better?......if he did, good for him. If he didn't, then dont say that he is more devoted to hockey than eric. Get your facts straight.

Are you saying that a player that left his high school team to go play juniors (Such as Parker Metz from south) is more devoted than a kid that plays at his High School his junior year (Wurden)? I dont see why that is any more credible, in fact, it sounds more to me like the kid that bails on his team is less devoted to hockey, unless he has no intention of coming back. I use Metz as an example, because he doesn't seem more devoted to hockey than Wurden did, and Wurden seemed to stay a level above Metz through out the Sophomore-Senior transition.
Last edited by HockeyHigh on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:50 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
jo wrote:I have a question for you. Did danny ever go and spend a whole year of highschool in a different state to go and play hockey and get better?......if he did, good for him. If he didn't, then dont say that he is more devoted to hockey than eric. Get your facts straight.

Are you saying that a player that left his high school team to go play juniors (Such as Parker Metz from south) is more devoted than a kid that plays at his High School his junior year (Wurden)? I dont see why that is any more credible, in fact, it sounds more to me like the kid that bails on his team is less devoted to hockey, unless he has no intention of coming back. I use Metz as an example, because he doesn't seem more devoted to hockey than Wurden did, and Wurden seemed to stay a level above Metz through out the Sophomore-Senior transition.
or maybe the kid who left wanted to get better for his team wurdan and metz prob didnt have to do that cause they are good
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:54 pm

Did herbel get cut is that why he came back? Because i have heard that is why he came back his senior year
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:46 pm

you wait buddy keep raggin the west someday its gonna roundhouse kick you in the back of the head
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey