Eric Herbel as Mr. Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby jo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:47 am

Eric is sweet
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:58 am

I watched him play one time, and oh my word, he can dangle like no other.... eric meland, ian powers, nathan stremick, and danny wurden arent even in the same calibur as him. he would dangle around them in reverse mode. Id say that herbel has a better chance at going pro than wurden... ive only seen the guy play once and i guarantee this. I watch wurden all the time and he doesnt even come close
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:01 am

Even though i was born in bottineau, i have lived in fargo since 1995, and i am a huge fan of fargo south hockey...better luck next year :(
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby jo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:03 am

eric is sweet.  i think he had it in the bag the whole time.  tell wurden's nhl scouts to come look at herbel if they wana c a real mr. hockey canidate
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:05 am

eric has changed that team from bottineau...i think they will be hard to beat in the west next year
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clark17 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:07 am

All of these guys are great hockey players and comments such as the aforementioned are not necessary, show some class.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby jo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:07 am

i dont c y people say he had noone on a line w/ him.. being that maccinte had like 45 assists....so yeah sounds like he had someone on his line
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dubblepen » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:20 am

jo wrote:i dont c y people say he had noone on a line w/ him.. being that maccinte had like 45 assists....so yeah sounds like he had someone on his line

Im guessing your his linemate? Now all of you come on here and talk because he won Mr. Hockey. Your team still didnt make it to state. I give him credit for winning the award, but dont disgrace the other 3 finalists for they are just of good players.
blood sweat and tears, i dripped all tre jus to get hur.
dubblepen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bbq_chicken_fan83 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:38 am

you people are crazy.  Herbel may have been a good hockey player and put up good numbers but in no way does he deserve the award as the best ALL-AROUND hockey player in ND.  For one thing he played in the West and another  he never backchecked at all or helped out on D.  All East Canidates were more worthy.
bbq_chicken_fan83

Postby point/center » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:55 am

Clark17 wrote:All of these guys are great hockey players and comments such as the aforementioned are not necessary, show some class.
we deleted the comment...you are correct in your assesment of what does not belong on here.

please keep away from personal slams. let the stats and scores do the talking.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:07 pm

bbq_chicken_fan83 wrote:you people are crazy.  Herbel may have been a good hockey player and put up good numbers but in no way does he deserve the award as the best ALL-AROUND hockey player in ND.  For one thing he played in the West and another  he never backchecked at all or helped out on D.  All East Canidates were more worthy.

Great point he really never did put a forward effort into his back check, plus he won on defult in my mind there were 3 east canidates leaving herbel to the win because he got all the west votes and the east votes were split, and Jo you remind me a Dylan Kraft, don't be another DK_All_Day.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby scrappy23 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:57 pm

I get such a kick out of this. No he didnt deserve this award. Not saying he is a bad player but he doesnt play a good schedule. If he was the caliber of the other finalist he would have put up much better numbers. It will show in Chicago. I am happy for the Bottineau program this is great for them but check and see how he did in the up levels such as selects and elite leagues from what Ive heard he couldnt make either. This was just the west voting for there own.
scrappy23

Postby Orr4 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
bbq_chicken_fan83 wrote:you people are crazy.  Herbel may have been a good hockey player and put up good numbers but in no way does he deserve the award as the best ALL-AROUND hockey player in ND.  For one thing he played in the West and another  he never backchecked at all or helped out on D.  All East Canidates were more worthy.

Great point he really never did put a forward effort into his back check, plus he won on defult in my mind there were 3 east canidates leaving herbel to the win because he got all the west votes and the east votes were split, and Jo you remind me a Dylan Kraft, don't be another DK_All_Day.
Sorry but I have to agree with these guys. Its great for him to win the award but if he helped his team on defense it given him an even better chance. I have to give it to him though, he deserved it after coming back this season and helping his team out and them almost going to state. Good Job.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:16 pm

tim wrote:I watched him play one time, and oh my word, he can dangle like no other.... eric meland, ian powers, nathan stremick, and danny wurden arent even in the same calibur as him. he would dangle around them in reverse mode. Id say that herbel has a better chance at going pro than wurden... ive only seen the guy play once and i guarantee this. I watch wurden all the time and he doesnt even come close

I'm pretty sure you can't put Danny Wurden and Eric Herbel on the same level as hockey players. For one, Danny Wurden is a defenseman and still put up amazing stats against a tough schedule in the east. Secondly, Danny Wurden was a hockey player, and only a hockey player. This kids life revolves around hockey, he wouldn't ever turn down an opportunity to become better or to prove himself. Lastly, when Danny Wurden needed to, he got things done, but when he wasn't required on offense to get a game winning goal, or a game winning assist, he could play defense like no other defenseman in the state. Thirdly, Danny shows incredible conduct and great athletiscism in the roughest times. I never saw him return a cheap blow or a punch after the whistle, and defending the net he would just stand in the way of a player and nudge them away, rather than pummel their faces in with a fury of fists. I will say that he didn't do what I expected him to do in the State tournament, and that happens to everyone at one point or another, too bad it had to happen at state for him, he coulda won state for South like he won the GPR game in Grafton. However, it didn't happen that way and he'll live it down.

Either way, in my opinion Danny should have won this award, however with the voting as it is (already been described how Herbel won this award over the other candidates) there isn't much to be done but to say good job Herbel.

I'm not saying Herbel isn't a great hockey player, I'm saying that Wurden in particular (haven't seen much of the other 2 candidates) deserved this award even though he didn't win it. Herbel may be a great hockey player, but Danny is just a step ahead in an overall compilation.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:41 pm

everyone says that herbel got all the votes from the west region, when he recieved half of the votes, and im sure not everyone in the west voted for him...do you have a written document that says this or whats the deal? your all complaining because the small town boy is better than these big town superstars. not taking anything away from any of these guys cuz they are pretty good, but i mean have any of you seen him play, you need to give the guy some credit,  because its over now and hes still got the plaque.

Eric herbel is said to be a great team leader, he has good grades, and sure he might not have played as much defence as bottineau would have liked, but he still got the job done...good job eric
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby UND#1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:58 pm

Bottineau didnt even play one east team.  I dont see why they didnt schedual in non-conference games against teams out east.  Because he would have got killed against teams like Grafton and RR. 
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby kel20Nd » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:58 pm

If charlie bair cant win it with 52 goals cuz he is from the west, i dont no how u can say herbal deserved it.
bair 52 goals herbal 32 enough said
kel20Nd

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:02 pm

once again, we will see what happens in Chicago, then you ladies and gents can talk about herbel if you still feel that it is right.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby UND#1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:10 pm

Im just wondering how bad the Canadian hockey teams were that Bottineau was beating 8-2,7-1, 7-0.   You let BHS or Minot play a team like this and they will have a mr. hockey canidet.  Stremick had one less point than Herbal after WDA and Minot played several games against east teams.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby mhsund » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:00 pm

I think we all knew this was gonig to happen when a west kid won Mr. Hockey. Of course the east guys aren't going to be happy. I do agree on some of your points though. Like them playing canadian teams that weren't good. But I do think a kid that has been playing ND high school hockey all the way through high school should win it. Not someone that leaves and then comes back. Just my thoughts though. I am not trying to take away from him, he did do a great job this year and helped build his teams program again. But Chicago will probably be an eye opener for him.

And for the guy saying he did have some one on a line with him that had 45 assists. That doesn't mean he was good, just means Herbel could score.
mhsund
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Well... to start out... bottineau played bismark high three times, and lost by one goal twice and two once, and lost to minot by one. So as far as i can see, maybe minot should start playing teams at their calibur like bottineau does usually (until the beatings this year) and maybe then they will start out 5-0 instead of 0-5. I do believe that minots jv didnt do so hot against bottineaus, and bottineau had two very separate teams, and i also heard that there was only one senior, and one junior that regularly played.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:54 pm

point/center wrote:
Clark17 wrote:All of these guys are great hockey players and comments such as the aforementioned are not necessary, show some class.
we deleted the comment...you are correct in your assesment of what does not belong on here.

I was also refering to the Wurden NHL scouting comment, I found it bush league.  Why take away from a player such as Wurden or even Miller or Everson?  Why taint Herebel's accomplishment with statements like that, I find it disappointing.  I certainly hope someone from Bottineau isn't making these snide remarks.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:18 pm

Clark17 wrote:
point/center wrote:

I was also refering to the Wurden NHL scouting comment, I found it bush league.  Why take away from a player such as Wurden or even Miller or Everson?  Why taint Herebel's accomplishment with statements like that, I find it disappointing.  I certainly hope someone from Bottineau isn't making these snide remarks.

I made some of these remarks, and im not from bottineau, i lived there once, but i moved away. I think that these players are descent, but i do also believe that eric herbel has more talent than any of these other guys, look what he has to work with compared to these other players, then look at the numbers. im not favoring bottineau hockey, but i do think that its bush league that what has been said about the community of bottineau, as well as the hockey program, i could quote some of the statements, but i dont think that its necessary, and it would fill several pages. Bottineau has been waiting for a chance to go to state for a several years now, and all anyone can do is shut them down, why cant the ppl on here say"wow bottineau actually has a chance at goin to the big show" or "their actually a team that cant be over looked" instead of they struggle or their over  rated. Im sick of the bullcrap, and now you all know what its like to cut the pride out of someone when they think that they actually have accomplished something, and thats how im sure the bottineau team was feeling when they actually had a chance...even though they didnt finish the job.

Some of the younger players now have some expierience, and they have supposedly had some success in the past, ive looked it up, and bottineau supposedly competed with minot's Bantam A program last year, as well as taking the trophy home in a pretty descent Canadian league, where most of the good players actually go on to play some upper level hockey. Id bet on them making it to the big show in the future, maybe not a state championship game, but they cant be over looked.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby mhsund » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:17 pm

tim wrote:Well... to start out... bottineau played bismark high three times, and lost by one goal twice and two once, and lost to minot by one. So as far as i can see, maybe minot should start playing teams at their calibur like bottineau does usually (until the beatings this year) and maybe then they will start out 5-0 instead of 0-5. I do believe that minots jv didnt do so hot against bottineaus, and bottineau had two very separate teams, and i also heard that there was only one senior, and one junior that regularly played.

What does Minot have to do with any of this? Just wondering.
mhsund
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:29 pm

UND#1 wrote:Im just wondering how bad the Canadian hockey teams were that Bottineau was beating 8-2,7-1, 7-0.   You let BHS or Minot play a team like this and they will have a mr. hockey canidet.  Stremick had one less point than Herbal after WDA and Minot played several games against east teams.

Heres where minot, and bismark high come into play, they both may play east teams, and bottineau still plays canadian, but bottineau also only lost to both of these teams by just a couple or one goal. you dont see them taking any crap
tim
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Hockey