Best Defensemen

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby secretpotion » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:50 pm

siouxfan4life wrote:Rehak is definately one of the top 3 defensemen in the state.  Is he the best that is hard to say.  I would say ladoucer, galbreath, and him are very close.
i hate to break this to all of you but i dont think Rehak made the 89 select team this past year as a D...they said he could play forward cuz they didnt need him at D.
secretpotion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby secretpotion » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:55 pm

UND#1 wrote:Other than Rehak, there was not any other good Defensemen in the West.  Hendrickson played more like a linebacker than a hockey player and no one has heard of this Heth kid other than Bottineau players.
if the stats are right, didnt spenningsby have more points than rehak in less games
secretpotion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan1989 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:41 pm

secretpotion wrote:
siouxfan4life wrote:Rehak is definately one of the top 3 defensemen in the state.  Is he the best that is hard to say.  I would say ladoucer, galbreath, and him are very close.
i hate to break this to all of you but i dont think Rehak made the 89 select team this past year as a D...they said he could play forward cuz they didnt need him at D.
What are you trying to say? Are you saying that not only is Rehak probably in the top hardest hitters but that he's good enough with the puck to play a forward position on a selects team?
sportsfan1989

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:26 pm

No, he's saying that he wasn't good enough at his position to get a spot, and if he wanted to play he had to play in an open forward spot.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan1989 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:46 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:No, he's saying that he wasn't good enough at his position to get a spot, and if he wanted to play he had to play in an open forward spot.

Haters, haters...lol..Well actually I'd like to know your opinion on whos better than Rehak? Besides Wurden? With some facts please.
sportsfan1989

Postby secretpotion » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:15 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:No, he's saying that he wasn't good enough at his position to get a spot, and if he wanted to play he had to play in an open forward spot.

Haters, haters...lol..Well actually I'd like to know your opinion on whos better than Rehak? Besides Wurden? With some facts please.

well rehak had 26 points in 24 games, spennigby had 28 in 20 games and im not sure but i think he made the select team that rehak didnt make it as a D
secretpotion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan1989 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:32 pm

secretpotion wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

well rehak had 26 points in 24 games, spennigby had 28 in 20 games and im not sure but i think he made the select team that rehak didnt make it as a D

I didn't know points really defined a player....

Mr. Hockey-Herbel-5 points less than Zach Miller

Hendricksen with 6 points made all state over Spenningby.

Spenningby had 61 penalty minutes and he also can't hit as hard as Rehak
sportsfan1989

Postby secretpotion » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:44 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
secretpotion wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

well you said you wanted some facts so i thought i would give you some.......spenningby also played elite 2 and i dont think rehak did
secretpotion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan1989 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:04 pm

secretpotion wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
secretpotion wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

well you said you wanted some facts so i thought i would give you some.......spenningby also played elite 2 and i dont think rehak did

Ya my bad that is true...so you honestly think overall Spenningby is a better player than Rehak?
sportsfan1989

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:09 am

sportsfan1989 wrote:
secretpotion wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
secretpotion wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

Ya my bad that is true...so you honestly think overall Spenningby is a better player than Rehak?

I think spennisby was the top defenseman in the west. He was impossible to get around, in my own opinion. Rehak is a Close second i just thought spennisby was better, though hes a senior so he had that little more edge on some of the things you learn when it comes with age. Rehak is a good hitter, better then spennisby, but i think that spennisby had the more offense precence to his game that rehak wasn't up to his level with.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby jo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:30 am

Just wait till the showcase then you can eat your own words
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:33 am

pretty sure he isn't. put any forward in the state up against heth and heth will stop him
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:34 am

gfhockey wrote:last nite i couldnt count all the times laducer was weavin his way between the williston kids like they were standing still.
i'd agree he is a good d-man maybe i'll name my kid laducer
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:35 am

UND#1 wrote:
The Hockey Wizzard wrote:[font=courier new]i would say that justin heth from bottineau is right up there.  he logs at least 30-40 minutes per game, he is good at both ends of the ice.  he might be alittle underrated, because he plays for bottineau.  i wouldn't be surprised if he makes team nd.[/font]

Hate to say it but Justin Heth is not even close to the best defensemen is the state.  The top defensemen is Danny Wurden, and I dont think you can argure that.
Hate to say it but i can and will argue that. Put any forward in the state up against heth and he will stop him
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:16 am

jo wrote:
UND#1 wrote:
The Hockey Wizzard wrote:[font=courier new]i would say that justin heth from bottineau is right up there.  he logs at least 30-40 minutes per game, he is good at both ends of the ice.  he might be alittle underrated, because he plays for bottineau.  i wouldn't be surprised if he makes team nd.[/font]

Hate to say it but Justin Heth is not even close to the best defensemen is the state.  The top defensemen is Danny Wurden, and I dont think you can argure that.
Hate to say it but i can and will argue that. Put any forward in the state up against heth and he will stop him

Are you heth? Because i have played against him this year twice and this summer in a tournament and trust me he was nothing special, nothing close to rehak,hendrickson,speensby,laducuer,garbreath,wurden,swanson. Not even on the level as those guys. Im really sorry, but don't get your hopes up he will not even make Team North Dakota if he try's out.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby nd0606 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:30 am

Spenningsby is a good defenseman but takes some of the dumbest penalties any player could take...kinda cheap..very good player other than that though...
nd0606
NDPreps Starter

Postby marianne » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:44 pm

I have to agree Justin Heth is one of the best defensive players. and i don't see why everyone won't give credit to bottineau they've finally got a good program started up there
marianne
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:01 pm

marianne wrote:I have to agree Justin Heth is one of the best defensive players. and i don't see why everyone won't give credit to bottineau they've finally got a good program started up there

i believe bottineau has more state tournament apprearances than most teams in the state other than maybe five.  the correct statement is "bottineau's program has finally started turning things around."  i remember bottineau being one of the teams to beat in the west and state.  during the 80's they always played in the fargo holiday tournament and shanley was good back in those days also. 

bottineau has had a rough stretch of about 8 bad years, bad years.  hopefully things are looking up for the braves and they become a more traditional team of the past.  it would be a benefit to the west to get all teams in the west more competitive with each other before worrying about tougher competition.

my point is don't forget about the good years bottineau had, because from what i hear, numbers and the quality of players looks good.   
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby marianne » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:20 pm

The Hockey Wizzard wrote:
marianne wrote:I have to agree Justin Heth is one of the best defensive players. and i don't see why everyone won't give credit to bottineau they've finally got a good program started up there

i believe bottineau has more state tournament apprearances than most teams in the state other than maybe five.  the correct statement is "bottineau's program has finally started turning things around."  i remember bottineau being one of the teams to beat in the west and state.  during the 80's they always played in the fargo holiday tournament and shanley was good back in those days also. 

bottineau has had a rough stretch of about 8 bad years, bad years.  hopefully things are looking up for the braves and they become a more traditional team of the past.  it would be a benefit to the west to get all teams in the west more competitive with each other before worrying about tougher competition.

my point is don't forget about the good years bottineau had, because from what i hear, numbers and the quality of players looks good.   
im glad u said something because im not old enough to remember the team in 80's so thanks for reminding everyone
marianne
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clark17 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:52 pm

Bottineau will be better than the past 8 or so years, but I don't think they are an automatic out of the WDA.  The WDA will still be a battle to get out of, for the middle teams, and a state tournament birth will be there for the team's that show up to play that weekend.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby cavedude » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:29 pm

secretpotion wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

hockeyhigh are you saying that there wasn't enough offensive players to fill the roster cuz if that's what you're saying then this is gonna be the biggest bull flag i have ever raised.... i can guarantee that you not many other defense can jump in as offense and play....but if that's what you think then stick with that... and i took the time break down some stats...whether they matter or not, its up to you

Colby Rehak: 26pts....14.1% team total     Pen..18...36pim....13.3% team total, All West Region, All Tournament Team, All State

Nic Spenningsby: 28pts....11.9% team total Pen..29... 61pim....15.8% team total, All West Region (why did spenningsby only play 4 less games)

colby also got at least two points during state(Red River game)....while spenningsby recieved.....um....0 points during state....:D(give credit to Dickinson 6 seed and Bottineau 7 seed) .... But spenningsby did have 25 more penalty minutes......so overall spenningsby lead slighty in points, he did leave his team killing off his penalties an extra 25 minutes...a period and a half!!! Although they are very close i am still going to go with colby........i'd watch out for that 8 ball
Last edited by cavedude on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cavedude
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfootball » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:13 pm

I like how no one has heard of this Heth kid and Bottineau people keep bringing his name up.
ndfootball

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:39 pm

ndfootball wrote:I like how no one has heard of this Heth kid and Bottineau people keep bringing his name up.

i'm not from bottineau, but i watched him play at the wda in bismarck.  good solid defencemen with a scoring touch.  he played about 40 minutes per game and still had gas in the tank in the third.  the radio announcers from minot and jamestown had alot of good things to say about him.
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:39 pm

ndfootball wrote:I like how no one has heard of this Heth kid and Bottineau people keep bringing his name up.

I've heard about him he's good, but not at the top in the state.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:57 pm

I like how no matter what he game/score/situation was in the game whenever the whistle blew spenningsby always had his hands up in usually in front of or directly in the refs facehe would whine about everything

and i also think that in the west this year the 3-8 teams will battle for the final 2 spots i see BHS vs Dicky WDA championship game
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey