Best Defensemen

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby brownbomber » Sun May 20, 2007 6:38 pm

obviously those are his two favorite check out his name he probly has a shrine for each of them in his closet
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Mon May 21, 2007 7:41 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
sports101 wrote:im going to have to say rehak is up there in the top defensemen.  he has had a spot on varsity since the 8th grade.

now he is the top defensive man in the state and  he will carry the coyotes this next year.
He wouldn't have had that spot if he played for a school like South or Red River.

Agreed with hockey high, he would not have been playing as an 8th grader on south or red river
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey4life » Mon May 21, 2007 10:05 am

Ditka14 wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:
sports101 wrote:im going to have to say rehak is up there in the top defensemen.  he has had a spot on varsity since the 8th grade.

now he is the top defensive man in the state and  he will carry the coyotes this next year.
He wouldn't have had that spot if he played for a school like South or Red River.

Agreed with hockey high, he would not have been playing as an 8th grader on south or red river

We are talking about this year not if he would of made the team in 8th grade. Did Laducer make the team when he was in 8th grade?
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Mon May 21, 2007 8:04 pm

hockey4life wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:

We are talking about this year not if he would of made the team in 8th grade. Did Laducer make the team when he was in 8th grade?

All right he would make the team this year. but he wouldn't play over gabreathe(sp?) or Ladoucer, so what's your real point?
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby sports101 » Wed May 23, 2007 1:41 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
hockey4life wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:

All right he would make the team this year. but he wouldn't play over gabreathe(sp?) or Ladoucer, so what's your real point?

I think rehak will lead his team this next year.  he will go and play hockey somewhere after high school. and he will be a canidate for mr hockey.
sports101

Postby Ditka14 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:42 am

sports101 wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
hockey4life wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:

I think rehak will lead his team this next year.  he will go and play hockey somewhere after high school. and he will be a canidate for mr hockey.

He will be a canidate for the west because who is there going to be to give him a run? The only others I could possibily see is Seeberg and kovacs i believe he will be a senior.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan1989 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:51 am

I know tons of ppl will argue, but I really don't care. somebody made a comment that Rehak wouldnt even start as a defensemen on Red river. all I have to say is that Rehak will be the best defensemen next yr.. If not he'll be number 2. Hes to fast, solid, and has great hockey vision
sportsfan1989

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:26 pm

Well you won't know until the season is underway. So might as well start predictions... who will be the defensemen that'll shine for the 2007-2008 season?
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:58 am

narveson, burdick McLean- all of Fargo South

nobody from Fargo North

West fargo lost Swanson & burdick- ouch- nothing--

ladoucer & galbreath- RR

GF central-- Now Chiklinski--   but still young

D.Lake--  HEIT!

Wapheton-  notta

Grafton-  paulson, peterson

Shanley- Traynor

the best Overall D-Man-- Ladoucer--  smart, plays hard, makes mostly good decisions.

In the West-- Lebare- bis. high/   Rehak- wiliston

Can't say exactly which is TOP TOP DOG--  probably go with Ladoucer-overall BEST at his job.

how is that-- layin' out. No questions just answers here--

I see a ton of hockey all yr. long-- Reg. Season, Spring, summer-- so these are my opinions-love them or hate them.

"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Best Defensemen

Postby goodstuff » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:05 pm

im giving it to brenneman from north he works hard every game from what ive seen ive been to half of there games
goodstuff

Postby Sportshound » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:13 pm

good stuff--- that post was from LAST fall 07'... we made it through the year.
Now you are wanting to talk about 08-09' Best D-Man?

I have some ideas--
Yes I agree Brenneman from F. North is good, experienced.

I do think that F. South has one of the Better-- Narveson(yes he didn't play for South this year-heard about his Injury)-also not sure if he will be back. But he is bigger and ranks quite high on the list.

A couple of other East guys impress me- Hooey (Soph) F. South, Anderson(GFC)

Now in the west it is a little more dicy.

We have some Forwards coming back with good experience.
But Def. is a Diff story-- Rominick(BHS) will play a bigger role in 08-09'.
Other than that nobody impressed me tremendously over this past season as underclassman playing Def.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND Z Scout » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:58 pm

Yeah look for Romanick from Bismarck to be a huge playmaker next year. Other than that I think top D in the state will be mostly from the East. Look for Narveson to be huge, (if he plays high school not sure if he's gunna try-out for anyone else) and definetly Hills from Grafton.
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:12 am

ND Z Scout wrote:Yeah look for Romanick from Bismarck to be a huge playmaker next year. Other than that I think top D in the state will be mostly from the East. Look for Narveson to be huge, (if he plays high school not sure if he's gunna try-out for anyone else) and definetly Hills from Grafton.

yeah romanick impressed me alot this year......IMO he was as good as lebare.....if not better
demon_fan14

Postby TheGuy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:41 pm

I think it is Hills from Grafton, I might be wrong. He wore number ten this past year and was excellent every time I saw him play. he should have a great year next year with all the talent around him coming back.
TheGuy

Postby cubbycove » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:01 pm

For the 2008-2009 season, Hills is definitely the best defenseman.
cubbycove
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:15 am

Don't put your chips in so early. The season is far from beginning, and I think the state has some good defensive talent this year.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyguy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:56 pm

i dont think he will be the best in the state there are some good ''d'' on both central and south...not taking anything away from hills hes good but there is some competition out there.
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:06 am

hockeyguy wrote:i dont think he will be the best in the state there are some good ''d'' on both central and south...not taking anything away from hills hes good but there is some competition out there.

Lots of Hockey name knockoffs. :lol:

Anyways, I do agree that there is an immense amount of defensive talent this year. Much more than offensive talent from the last few years. (Last year RR's offense, South before that, etc etc) Now the state is going to focus far more on their defensive players and look to them for the big plays this year. That's my prediction.

Several teams have returning defense that will make a big varsity impact.

Here are stats for a few of the top few teams next year and their defense (Goalies included). (Underclassmen with significant points and 20+ games played) Their year of play for the 2008-2009 season and points for 2007-2008 included.

Stats for http://www.NDHighSchoolHockey.com/
Goalies Bolded

Red River:
Bryce Anderson (Senior) 24GP 5G 22A
Chris Waind (Junior) 27GP 1G 8A
Aaron Meland (Senior) 14Periods 6GA 91.3%Save

Fargo North:
Nick Brenneman (Junior) 26 GP 0G 8A
Jake Labernik (Senior) 18.83GP 91GA 86.1%Save

Grand Forks Central:

Danny Ray (Junior) 23GP 3G 13A
Brett Dziwulski (Senior) 24GP 3G 7A
Luke Cieklinkski (Senior) 20GP 3G 4A
Seth Lang (Junior) 9.5GP 28GA 88.5%Save (Goalie based on stats over Derek Fuller)

Grafton:
Ryan Hills (Senior) 27GP 6G 22A
Eric Monsebroten (Senior) 23GP 40GA 91.6%Save

Fargo South:
David Burdick (Senior) 27GP 4G 13A
Matt Wagner (Senior) 27GP 2G 9A
Danny Lueke (Senior) 22GP 1G 10A
Josh Hooey (Junior) 25GP 2G 9A
Grant Narveson (Senior) 3GP 1G 4A
Scott Buchholz (Junior) 15.67GP 20GA 93.7%Save

Bismark High:
Nick Romanick (Junior) 26GP 7G 11A
Goalie?

*Bismark stats don't include positions. I know Romanick is a defensiveman, but who is their goalie, and are there any others on the team with stats up to par?

Defensively, it looks pretty apparent that South is the deepest. (5 returning defense along with the top goalie statistically in the state) The top defensive player is difficult to choose, especially with one of the candidates (Grant Narveson) being out for most of the season (3 games played) and the fact that this season hasn't even started yet.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyguy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:24 pm

ya thats very true all i was saying is there is some competition out there
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:41 pm

hockeyguy wrote:ya thats very true all i was saying is there is some competition out there

I was agreeing with you. Just showing to others that were saying single players from Bismark (Romanick) and Grafton (Hills) likely stood out because they were alone.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyguy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:19 pm

yes you are right but how do you think danny ray will do thi year for central? Should he dominate beeing its his 3rd year playing high school hockey since he played as a freshman.
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:55 pm

As a Junior I really don't see him doing anything special, or out of the ordinary. He'll probably get a few more points than last year, being a year older, stronger, wiser, and faster. You have to realize there are players that got twice to three times the points as a sophomore as they did as a Junior/Senior, as well. I won't mention names. :)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyguy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:52 pm

ya i guess but his 1st year he had like 6 and then last year he had like 16 thats a pretty big difference i think he will have 25 plus points his year or he should anyways
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:02 pm

hockeyguy wrote:ya i guess but his 1st year he had like 6 and then last year he had like 16 thats a pretty big difference i think he will have 25 plus points his year or he should anyways

That's like saying Crary has 50 points this year, and next year he should have 65.
Points don't work linearly. I wouldn't be surprised if he went above, didn't improve, or even dipped back down to 6 points next year. Anything can happen during the season.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyguy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:25 pm

Ya i guess but the player should get better as he get older i would think i wouls put money on i that says he will have 20 plus points
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey