Best Defensemen

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby klg_11 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:34 am

i dont know if it is like this everywhere in ND. but i know willistons code of conduct makes a tobacco violation  the same as a illegal consumption of alcohol violation. if the coach sees u off season, out in public with chew. DONE.
klg_11

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:38 am

klg_11 wrote:i dont know if it is like this everywhere in ND. but i know willistons code of conduct makes a tobacco violation  the same as a illegal consumption of alcohol violation. if the coach sees u off season, out in public with chew. DONE.

never heard of that, i got a minor off-season this year, it doesn't affect your sport as long as it is 2 weeks prior till the start of your season is. Thats how it was for me in mandan for my football season. So i think it is a state wide ndsasa thing.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:42 am

really thats crazy. in willy if u get an ic any time even if in the middle of summer u dont play for 6 weeks after the sport starts., i got an ic my senior year i couldnt even attend a sporting event. or prom or anything. my suspension ended one day before graduation.
klg_11

Postby siouxfan4life » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:43 am

Well you are probably right about that because Mr. Dean Wilson wouldn't have the balls to do that.  It's about having morals and doing the right thing and Bratlien did the right thing simple as that.  I would venture to say Mr. Matt Malm would do the same thing to Galbreath or Ladoucer cuz that is what kind of people Malm turns out.  Not just good hockey players but good citizens.
siouxfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:54 am

Danny Wurden wouldn't chew anyways >.>

HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby siouxfan4life » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:42 pm

Rehak is definately one of the top 3 defensemen in the state.  Is he the best that is hard to say.  I would say ladoucer, galbreath, and him are very close. 
siouxfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootball » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:07 pm

siouxfan4life wrote:Rehak is definately one of the top 3 defensemen in the state.  Is he the best that is hard to say.  I would say ladoucer, galbreath, and him are very close. 

Rehak is a good player, but after watching hockey this weekend Ladoucer and Galbreath are better than Rehak.  And Wurden didnt really stick out in the games that I watched but if he has a chance of being drafted he is definetly the best in the state.
ndfootball

Postby Clark17 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:18 pm

gfhockey wrote:
klg_11 wrote:
gfhockey wrote:all that matters is the east 4 west 0

alright post number 87 using the same words. why even talk if thats all u ever bring up. thats the only answer u have to everything.

classy

Alright post number 79. You same the same thing over and over.

BTW, I know a number of RR players last year that chewed while playing. When i reffed, they were spittin out colored saliva. at first i thought it was blood but it was snoose juice.

It is actually a game misconduct, which would most likely lead to a six week suspension.  Sometimes it's just easier to look the other way even though it may not be right.

Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:06 pm

i've personally played high school sports in Williston and if you get caught at any point in time you get a suspension from the next sport you play
sportsfan1989

Postby ledahl14 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:22 am

ndfootball wrote:
siouxfan4life wrote:Rehak is definately one of the top 3 defensemen in the state.  Is he the best that is hard to say.  I would say ladoucer, galbreath, and him are very close. 

Rehak is a good player, but after watching hockey this weekend Ladoucer and Galbreath are better than Rehak.  And Wurden didnt really stick out in the games that I watched but if he has a chance of being drafted he is definetly the best in the state.

just cuz he's gettin drafted doesn't really make him the best in the state, he's a senior so they offered him a spot since he'll be done w/ school next year and he plays for south which gets him looked at more rehak could still be the best in the state but playin for williston hes gonna get watched less and in the red river vs. williston game i thought ladoucer and galbreath played good together cuz they've prbly been D partners for a long time but individually i'd say rehak is much better plus his D partner got kicked off so he didn't have him to work with
ledahl14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UND#1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:35 pm

ledahl14 wrote:
ndfootball wrote:

just cuz he's gettin drafted doesn't really make him the best in the state, he's a senior so they offered him a spot since he'll be done w/ school next year and he plays for south which gets him looked at more rehak could still be the best in the state but playin for williston hes gonna get watched less and in the red river vs. williston game i thought ladoucer and galbreath played good together cuz they've prbly been D partners for a long time but individually i'd say rehak is much better plus his D partner got kicked off so he didn't have him to work with

So your honestly trying to say that Rehak is better than Wurrden.  You must have lost it or somthing.  I dont think that he is being looked at by the pros is a fluke.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby highheat » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:26 pm

if rehak was as good as he is being talked up to be he would be getting looks from places and there would be talk of him going somewhere else to play now that the high school season is done.
highheat

Postby siouxfan4life » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:28 pm

Rehak is a junior.
siouxfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highheat » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:16 pm

shouldnt matter if he's a junior or not. if he is as good as he's being talked up to be, he'd be getting looks from teams at the next levels.
highheat

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:53 pm

highheat wrote:shouldnt matter if he's a junior or not. if he is as good as he's being talked up to be, he'd be getting looks from teams at the next levels.

he proboly doesn't know you can play juniors while still being in high school
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:02 pm

I actually think i am going to call b s on wurden getting looked at by pros here are some things to look at

#1 South was supposed to walk all over us and i dont recall Wurden accounting for 1 point i may be wrong but i dont recall it

#2 He did not evem stand out at STATE the biggest platform of the season he didnt come up big for south an ex. of this would be 04-05 when Marto skated coast to coast aginst i think it was GPR and scored to get the win for Central eventually to fall to red river 3-0 but the fact of the matter is he stood out and led his team now i feel if Wurden would have showen this ability he would have recieved Mr. Hockey But he didnt show it so he didnt earn it where as an absolute stud from an absolutly terriable team recieved it Herbel more or less quadroupled (sp? 4x) his teams wins from the last 7 seasons he made everyone around him better where as Wurden didnt even stand out aginst a team with a whopping 6 wins going into their first game at state

I truely feel bad for all of the east people who didnt get to see who the coaches think is the states best player play and i feel if he plays for team ND he will show a thing or two

The east still dominates in hockey but is it just possiable that the west has a better player once every 10 years???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
highheat wrote:shouldnt matter if he's a junior or not. if he is as good as he's being talked up to be, he'd be getting looks from teams at the next levels.

he proboly doesn't know you can play juniors while still being in high school

Im sure he does but he's in high school and probably doesn't want to think of the next level tell he's out of high school...And also just because your not looked at doesn't mean your not a great player...I'n my eyes it goes Wurden-Rehak-LaDouceur. In my eyes Rehak can score just as easily as LaDoucer and can hit harder..Rehak had one less point but seemed to have a bigger affect on the ice
sportsfan1989

Postby random guy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:55 pm

Why does it always have to come to whos the best defenseman or whos the best forward. Everyone of those defensemen that you guys have talked about has made there team better. Rehak probably has made the biggest impact because his team isn't as gifted as RR and South because those 2 teams have a more talented line up around each player. In my mind everyone of those guys are great players and all three of those teams made it to state. Yes RR and South made it farther because look at those teams. They are stacked compared to Williston. All of those guys are great players and will probably end up playing after high school. If not than so be it. Look at the Cambell boys from last years GP-R team. They were excellent players and im sure they could have went to play elsewhere. Did they, no they chose to just go to college. So I believe this discussion is over because what it is leading up to is people chewing on a bus and all other sorts of nonsense!!
random guy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ironrange » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:43 pm

Speaking of defensemen I would like to know how hendrickson  from minot makes all-state and heth from bottineau dosn't after heth was the only defense that was a  unanimous pick for west region. And i think that hendrickson only had like 6 points for the season and heth had somewhere in the 20s i think and i know points aren't everything but heth was sollid at D too.
ironrange

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:59 am

Hendrickson went to state, thats why i could see heath not getting the nomination.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:41 am

ironrange wrote:Speaking of defensemen I would like to know how hendrickson  from minot makes all-state and heth from bottineau dosn't after heth was the only defense that was a  unanimous pick for west region. And i think that hendrickson only had like 6 points for the season and heth had somewhere in the 20s i think and i know points aren't everything but heth was sollid at D too.

Because Hendrickson was a beast over the middle.  And Im almost positive that Hendrickson was an unanimous selection for west region. 
ndfootball

Postby Metal Edge » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:53 am

ndfootball wrote:
ironrange wrote:Speaking of defensemen I would like to know how hendrickson  from minot makes all-state and heth from bottineau dosn't after heth was the only defense that was a  unanimous pick for west region. And i think that hendrickson only had like 6 points for the season and heth had somewhere in the 20s i think and i know points aren't everything but heth was sollid at D too.

Because Hendrickson was a beast over the middle.  And Im almost positive that Hendrickson was an unanimous selection for west region. 

Along with Justin Heth
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby jo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:44 am

I think Justin Heth is one of the better defensive players in the state. He is as solid as you can asked for. If you want to talk about endurance, he rollerbladed 18 miles everyday last summer. In many games he had at least 40 mins of playing time. He doesn't try to do any fancy dangles that alot of players try and screwup on, he just does what needs to be done to defend the net and score goals.
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Orr4 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:59 pm

Ditka14 wrote:Hendrickson went to state, thats why i could see heath not getting the nomination.
Well look at Grant Kovacs..he didn't go to state and he made the team when there was a lot of good goalies in the tournament.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UND#1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:05 pm

Other than Rehak, there was not any other good Defensemen in the West.  Hendrickson played more like a linebacker than a hockey player and no one has heard of this Heth kid other than Bottineau players.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey