State Predictions

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:11 pm

do you play basketball or hockey? do you know a peter or a casey that plays hockey for dl?
every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:14 pm

I play bball....yeah i know casey and peter does play but i dont really know him
ndsubball

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:18 pm

what does everyone have to say about the williston grafton game? I say williston will pull it off. There is just something about them. They left williston at 6am today and i think stopped in either minot or DL to skate.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:19 pm

I think williston is a good team from what i have heard..and williston stopped in DL about like 1 or so to skate
ndsubball

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:20 pm

whats your name ndsu?
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:21 pm

marc....why were are you from NDhockey6b??
ndsubball

Postby ndfan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:22 pm

I would say that Grafton needs the Campbell boys to have a great state tournament. With out them they are not a very good team in my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:22 pm

west fargo
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby Slapshot03 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:27 pm

Well this will be one of those games that could go either way. If im correct Erickson will be out, and i was able to see some of these Williston players play this summer and they looked good so Erickson being out will probably hurt them because im guessing that they arn't that deep. But with the dissapointing year that Grafton has had and a 1-1 tie with DL, I agree that they could win this one, it will be tough to stop the Campbell line but Jundt and Engberg are good enough defensemen to do it.  
Slapshot03
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:27 pm

Yes i agree, the gpr team isnt much without the first line, graftons back side is lacking size and speed but if williston can shut down those 2 the game is over. williston is the most physical team i have seen. More rumors...i heard lee is back for sure and even erickson! Erickson will be wearing a cast on his left arm! That helps willistons chances greatly. I was confused why so many people picked grafton over such a big hitting team? They hit every chance they get. I know for a fact the campbells do NOT like to get hit at all. I think that is a williston win.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:30 pm

I would agree that grafton needs the campbell boys to do good against williston because they have 108 of their teams 281.. so almost half between them to guys
ndsubball

Postby ndfan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:33 pm

Yeah gpr williston game to me will by far be the best first round game in my opinon. Either team could win, Will the long trip for Williston hurt them at all? Graftons only like half hour from there. If Williston can stop that first line they should have no problems against Grafton.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:34 pm

yeah but williston left today and stopped in DL to skate and i dont know if they were going to stay in DL or go to GF and stay their

ndsubball

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:35 pm

watch for Rehak #8 with some BIG hits. Jundt and Rehak i would have to say are one of the top pairings in the state if not the best. Jundt sets up the play and creates many scoring chances. DL has 2 nice D pairings also. I say Minot lacks speed with their Dmen
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby 1337 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:03 am

One game down. Central beat Minot 4 to 2.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:43 pm

South over D-town 5-2
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:45 pm

that is pretty good only losing by 3 to south for DL considering everyone thought they would lose like 6 to nothing
ndsubball

Postby money2128 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:48 pm

I watched Williston at WDA for the first time all year and i have to say they are one of the most physical teams i have seen play in high School hockey.
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:52 pm

My first pick was right on and the south D-town one wasnt far off, see how my other two predictions go tonight.

[user=20]ndfan[/user] wrote:
Central over Minot 4-2
South over D-Town 6-1
GPR over Williston 2-1 (Probably give it to Williston if were healthy)
RR over Bismarck 7-0

South over central 5-2
RR over GPR 4-3

RR over South 3-2
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:54 pm

who will DL play tom then since they lost??

ndsubball

Postby money2128 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:56 pm

minot
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:57 pm

Yep Minot.

Heres a site with the bracket and it updates score to game not sure how often it updates it. Possibly every period.

http://rinkwriter.com/2006ndsttourney.html
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby DL-in-DL » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:01 pm

I think DL has a very good chance at beating Minot, considering the last time they played, DL got screwed, having a goal disalowed and Minot having no penalties all game, and ended up losing 4-3 in OT. I think it will be a good game because it's on neutral ice, so one team isn't going to get homered.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:26 pm

Grafton beats Williston 5-1
Red River beats Bismarck 4-3
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:45 pm

[user=105]ndsubball[/user] wrote:
The only reason you disagree with that person is because you are from south and I have a good feeling that devils lake will give SOUTH a run for their chances in the opening round game...the reason is because they just over look the west and think that all they are is just a bunch of joke teams but you east guys are WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ALSO LIKE HOW ALL MOST ALL OF YOU THINK THAT SOUTH IS GOING TO GO INTO STATE AND JUST KILL DEVILS LAKE BUT I THINK YOU GUYS ARE WRONG!!!!!!

[user=105]ndsubball[/user] wrote:
South will have their hands full with Devils Lake.....just becasue they are #1 in the state doesnt mean they can over look their competion and Devils Lake might escape with the victory..

[user=162]NDhockey6b[/user] wrote:
what does everyone have to say about the williston grafton game? I say williston will pull it off. There is just something about them.

[user=162]NDhockey6b[/user] wrote:
I was confused why so many people picked grafton over such a big hitting team? They hit every chance they get. I know for a fact the campbells do NOT like to get hit at all. I think that is a williston win.

[user=270]money2128[/user] wrote:
I watched Williston at WDA for the first time all year and i have to say they are one of the most physical teams i have seen play in high School hockey.

Apparently we weren't thinking wrong. It's amazing how a score of 5 to 2 and you try to find the justification that it wasn't as big a blow out as people said. You said it wasn't going to be a blow out and that they would even give South a game. It really didn't sound like much of a game to me.

As far as Williston goes, they were far from the most physical team. They may have held that title in the west, but certainly not tonight. And even if you still want to make that statement, apparently it doesn't really matter, because you can be as physical as you want without it meaning anything if you can't put the puck in the net. Grafton is far from a physical team, and they sure had no problems handling Williston. Those Campbell boys remembered to show up too!

You can say all you want that there isn't a difference, but rather apparently it got proven once again tonight that there is a world of difference. The east is simply too much for the west once again.

P.S. That goalie for Bismarck is a stud!

*Edit spelling and added the P.S.*
Last edited by 1337 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey