Underrated Players in State

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Metal Edge » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:32 pm

[font=courier new]i agree the herbal kid is underrated, he may not be the best in the state but he is definetly one of the most underrated players in the state.  he leads the state in scoring, consistently sets his teammates up, and for a guy that is double or triple teamed he only has a few penalties.   [/font]

[font=courier new]the only team he has trouble against is jamestown, along with the rest of the team.  i recently drove up to bottineau and watched the game against minot.  nathan s. did not stand out, however he is good around the net.  he cannot rush the puck like herbal, even the minot parents were amazed by his speed and stickhandling abilites.  that game could of went either way, bottineau had a good chances in the first to go up, 2-0 or 3-0 but they just couldn't capitalize.  [/font]

[font=courier new]any to say that he cannot play on an east region team is not a fair statement.  i guessing most teams in the east would love to have him on there respected teams.  team nd will be a good measuring stick to see where all the kids fit in.                  [/font]

[font=Courier New][/font] 
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:47 pm

ndfootball wrote:
creme de la creme wrote:who will be the top teams representing each side of the state at the ralph?

Minot, Bismark, Jamestown, and Williston out of the west.   Red River, Grafton, South, and DL out of the east.  In that order.

I think the west region tournament might be surprising.  Minot, BHS, for sure.  Jamestown after the DQ's may have to come through the back door. (not sure who they sit on thurs)  Williston isn't too far ahead of the rest of the pack looking to get into that last spot.  It should be interesting.  Feb. 22, however, may not be as interesting.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby UND#1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:35 am

Clark17 wrote:
ndfootball wrote:
creme de la creme wrote:who will be the top teams representing each side of the state at the ralph?

Minot, Bismark, Jamestown, and Williston out of the west.   Red River, Grafton, South, and DL out of the east.  In that order.

I think the west region tournament might be surprising.  Minot, BHS, for sure.  Jamestown after the DQ's may have to come through the back door. (not sure who they sit on thurs)  Williston isn't too far ahead of the rest of the pack looking to get into that last spot.  It should be interesting.  Feb. 22, however, may not be as interesting.

How many players is Jamestown going to be missing, and for how long?
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoSioux » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:25 am

Jamestown will be missing Spenningsby and Lindberg for the first game of WDA, also two seniors who were just dressing because it was senior night were kicked out but they aren't on the roster.
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby undgf » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:22 pm

"overrated or underrated we really need some perameters to make a valid argument. So many players in north dakota are rated strictly on the points they get. hockey has changed and players are begging for assists after a teammate scores a goal. In the same sense other players aren't passing because they want to be goal scorers. My rating of a player isn't going to come from strictly points. Whether they are overrated or underrated is all dependent upon who is doing the rating and what categories they are basing their opinions upon"

Good points by oldtimer. th

That is why herbal is overrated points, he was averaging 3 pts/game first 10 or so games. Playey Benait, Century JV, Mordan, Hazen, Antler River, Williston etc. ..Being double and triple teamed,??? come on, now teams are mathing lines at best against him because of the the early points he put up. If they put 2-3 player on hime leaves 4 teammates open agianst 2-3 on other team, a pass would do wonders. the last six games he would have 6 pts at most. He is good fast etc but not underrated. Talk about Minot/Stremick I believe Stremick had 1st and 3rd/Game winning goal. Eric got one very late in game? It was SR night for Bott. and they Prob played best game they could. Minot just coasted through it.

After reg season Eric won't be points leader either or for rest of the season. I do hope Bott. makes it to state, they are really improved  over last several years. 1 player can not turn a team around either.
undgf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:18 pm

GoSioux wrote:Jamestown will be missing Spenningsby and Lindberg for the first game of WDA, also two seniors who were just dressing because it was senior night were kicked out but they aren't on the roster.

Thats a huge hurt spenningsby is the best defenseman in the west in my mind, lindberg not so much of a loss, but it still hurts becasue there both really physical guys.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby dubblepen » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:25 pm

Orr4 wrote:Who do you think is the most underrated player in state?

Zach Miller and Tyler Klein.
blood sweat and tears, i dripped all tre jus to get hur.
dubblepen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:30 am

dubblepen wrote:

Zach Miller is not underrated he has 44 points in 18 games.
Last edited by ndfootball on Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndfootball

Postby dubblepen » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:00 am

ndfootball wrote:
dubblepen wrote:

Zach Miller is not overrated he has 44 points in 18 games.

I said underrated not overrated, next time read before you post.
dubblepen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:03 am

dubblepen wrote:
ndfootball wrote:
dubblepen wrote:

I meant that he is not underrated.
ndfootball

Postby NDSUGrad » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:50 pm

I think both Tyler Klein and Tanner Bombenger from North don't get the attention they deserve.
NDSUGrad
NDPreps Starter

Postby dubblepen » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:34 pm

ndfootball wrote:
dubblepen wrote:
ndfootball wrote:
dubblepen wrote:

I meant that he is not underrated.

He is underrated. He leads the state in points with 24G 22A. He is the best wing in the state. He should be up for Mr. Hockey, provided his legal troubles are not an influence. Earlier he had said he didn't know, but I was wondering has anyone heard if he has had any offers, or plans to play juniors anywhere?
dubblepen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dubblepen » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:50 pm

There are three more underrated players that come to my mind:

Tanner Hills, Grafton- 11G 23A. Played Elite 1 and could also be a good pick for Mr. Hockey, along with teammate Zach Miller. One of the best centers in the state. After season plans- juniors?

Tyler Klein- Fargo North- 11G 21A. Played Elite 1, finishing 3rd I believe on the team in points. Another one of the best centers in the state. After season plans- juniors? (heard the jets want him to join team after season is over).

Tanner Bombenger- 19G 13A. Has played 4 years of varsity hockey, finally getting the bounces that show the player he can be. Combines with Klein and Bekkedahl to form one of the best lines in the state. After season plans-?(baseball).

There are a few other underrated players in the state, but those are the ones that come right to mind.
dubblepen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wiregon » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:58 pm

how about
andrew vigen from gfrr
jake mcdougall from fs
wiregon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSUGrad » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:14 am

Has Bombenger signed with any baseball schools?
NDSUGrad
NDPreps Starter

Postby dubblepen » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:16 am

NDSUGrad wrote:Has Bombenger signed with any baseball schools

He hasn't made any decisions, but I have heard about talks from Jamestown and possibly NDSU.
dubblepen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby creiz » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:34 am

klein and bombenger don't because they are form north, nobody thinks of north when you think of east hockey
Last edited by creiz on Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you do anything, you mine as well do it 100%.
creiz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSUGrad » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:12 pm

creiz wrote:klein and bombenger don't because they are form north, nobody thinks of north when you think of east hockey

Don't what?
NDSUGrad
NDPreps Starter

Postby fellowes » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:19 pm

I think it would be safe to ignore the last post from member " creiz " on this topic. To say two students cannot be underrated simply because of what school they play for and whether or not they had a successful season is laughable.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby creiz » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:35 am

get any attention
if you do anything, you mine as well do it 100%.
creiz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tony17 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:10 pm

just because klein doesnt get much attention from 3rd 4th liners on this message board doesnt mean legitimate teams/coaches are'nt interested in him.
He was like 3rd or 4th on the elite team in points and I'm sure he could continue playing after high school.
 I bet the Jets are after him along with a couple others..........
Last edited by tony17 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tony17
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Hockey