Best Goalie in the State

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Favre#1 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:57 pm

Gophers9 wrote:                 SON    Saves    Save %

Oster      1054      948       90

Arnason  425        401       94

Diechert  629        569       90

Its not even comparable. Anyone that can face 1054 shots and have a save percntage of 90 compared to 629 shots and having the same save percentage. You'd be crazy to say Oster isn't one of, if not the best goalie in the state. He's seen about as many shots this year as Diechert has seen in his high school career.

Totally agreed
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby wiregon » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:23 pm

oster is a joke!!!!!!!! let me know when he['s in the show!!
wiregon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Gophers9 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:25 am

wiregon wrote:oster is a joke!!!!!!!! let me know when he['s in the show!!

Lets see you make 948 saves.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:06 am

how many of those were uncontrolled rebounds and what not? you really believe hes top notch?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favre#1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:51 am

brownbomber wrote:how many of those were uncontrolled rebounds and what not? you really believe hes top notch?

He is on the worst team in the state and puts up a 90% save percentage and keeps them in eveery game you cant tell me he not top notch if he played for south or red river his save percentage would be 95 or 96 get real
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Gophers9 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:56 am

brownbomber wrote:how many of those were uncontrolled rebounds and what not? you really believe hes top notch?

Can you prove that. Did you play him. Did you win 1-0 with him making 72 saves? We are talking about him seeing over 1,000 shots. Not 400 like goalies from the best teams in the state.......WITH THE SAME SAVE PERCENTAGE!!!!!!!!!!
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:13 pm

Favre#1 wrote:

He is on the worst team in the state and puts up a 90% save percentage and keeps them in eveery game you cant tell me he not top notch if he played for south or red river his save percentage would be 95 or 96 get real

you sure

he wouldnt hve to make alot of saves look at
GFs goalie and Souths goalie
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Gophers9 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:19 am

brownbomber wrote:
Favre#1 wrote:

you sure

What's your point?
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:01 pm

Gophers9 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
Favre#1 wrote:

you sure

What's your point?

he prob wouldnt have to be good cause his defense would help him, so he would only have like 15 shots a game against hiim if he played for south or rr
Last edited by brownbomber on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Deacon16 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:46 pm

brownbomber wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
Favre#1 wrote:

you sure

What's your point?

he prob wouldnt have to be good cause his defense would help him, so he would only have like 15 shots a game against hiim if he played for south or rr

Well its not that he would be any better or any worse.....his save percentage would be much higher, probaly around 95. I'm just wondering are you agreeing or disagreeing that he is the best or one of the best goalies in the state?
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Deacon16 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
Favre#1 wrote:

you sure

What's your point?

Well its not that he would be any better or any worse.....his save percentage would be much higher, probaly around 95. I'm just wondering are you agreeing or disagreeing that he is the best or one of the best goalies in the state

he is one of the top goalies in the state

I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favre#1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:13 pm

brownbomber wrote:
Deacon16 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
Favre#1 wrote:

you sure

What's your point?

Well its not that he would be any better or any worse.....his save percentage would be much higher, probaly around 95. I'm just wondering are you agreeing or disagreeing that he is the best or one of the best goalies in the state

he is one of the top goalies in the state

changing your mind now or wat? its seemed like you were against him but now that you see he is actually good you are going with the flow
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:20 pm

that was my little bro i actually have played against him and hes decent but not top 5 in the state probably and he did do a good job but im just sayin if you see upwards towards 650-1000 shots a year you get used to it somehow and you just learn to play
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favre#1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:21 pm

Name five better
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby jkaiz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:48 pm

arnason, kovacs, sand, groaves, deichert, hillman just to name a few
Last edited by jkaiz on Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkaiz

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:51 pm

wow thats 6
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favre#1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:59 pm

jkaiz wrote:arnason, kovacs, sand, groaves, deichert, hillman just to name a few

I'll give you Kovacs and Groves but you have got to be kidding me Sand from grafton is terrible and deichert had a terrible it was a joke he even made all state hillman and arnason are good but put oster in that situation and he puts up those same numbers
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:13 pm

are you from Hazen? ill give you oster he played pretty legit against us i thought towards the end he played pretty impresive to bad the rest of the team didnt
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby tony17 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:19 am

I think it's hard to pin point how good a goalie is by merely looking at the statistics a goalie puts up although stats dont lie.
 I find it difficult to get unbiased opinions on this web page as most of the posters on this forum are kids talking themselves up or teammates pumping eachothers tires.
I myself have seen only a few west goalies this year but I would easily pick any of the 6 mentioned ( besides Sand) before Oster.
For the record Deichert may have had an average showing at the state tournament along with a few other underacheivers, but i think the Goalies picked as All Region and All State are right on the money.
Danny Groves on the other hand had a very good state tournament and was deserving of the all tournament team, although i find it ridiculous that the guys commentating the televised semi-final game between Red River and DL over exaggerated the play of Groves and saying that his performance reminds them of Aaron Walski's 70+ save game against Red River. Groves is a good goaltender but he's not the best in the state, and I wouldnt expect him to be the best even next year.
These are just my UNBIASED opinions with no harm intended.
tony17
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Favre#1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:02 pm

brownbomber wrote:are you from Hazen? ill give you oster he played pretty legit against us i thought towards the end he played pretty impresive to bad the rest of the team didnt

No i'm form fargo, and you are proving my point he played good all year on a terrible team i don't know how u dont think he is top five

Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deacon16 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:02 pm

brownbomber wrote:are you from Hazen? ill give you oster he played pretty legit against us i thought towards the end he played pretty impresive to bad the rest of the team didnt

Ok. I've played with Kovacs, big guy, very good goalie. I've played against Groves in the Bantam A state tournament, outshot them 55 to 10, we won 2-1. But I've seen Oster even at the A2 Bantam tournament, shots 60 to about 7. He kept them in it and  took it 1-1 into overtime before losing. 70 some saves in a 1-0 loss against Bismarck this year. He is and has always been good. Deichert, Arnason, Hillman, have always had a good team. Now Sand.......you cannot be serious. In the state semifinal game, that last goal was all because he didn't know how to play that shot. He sat in his crease and allowed it to be tipped in. If he would have challenged that shot even with the tip it would have hit him right in the chest. He cost them a chance at the state championship.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nd0606 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:20 pm

I don't think Sand is one of the best in the state, I am not going to talk him down on this forum though...Groves and Oster are probably two of the best goalies in the state and will be up there next year...
nd0606
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:46 pm

deacon who are you? and i think oster played a little weak at the start of the season but progressed as it went on i guess next year will be the deciding factor
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Deacon16 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:46 am

brownbomber wrote:deacon who are you? and i think oster played a little weak at the start of the season but progressed as it went on i guess next year will be the deciding factor

I'm a kid who plays varsity hockey and have played against and with some of these goalies this year and in the past.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:15 pm

Deacon16 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:deacon who are you? and i think oster played a little weak at the start of the season but progressed as it went on i guess next year will be the deciding factor

I'm a kid who plays varsity hockey and have played against and with some of these goalies this year and in the past.

He's most likely from Shanley. (Deacon?)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey