Best Goalie in the State

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:02 am

sportsfan1989 wrote:
northdakotaprep35 wrote:Wow you are a joke. You have no idea what you are talking about. West hockey is a joke. West goalies are a joke. North Dakota hockey is all in the east and that is where all the talent is. Everybody in the state knows that if your going to talk about goalies dont try and compare east goalies to west goalies because west goalies dont have players like meland, vigen, everson, klein, spicer, and alot more kids like that shooting on them. They have kids that have no idea how to play the sport running around in the zone hoping to get lucky.

Did you not see the Zach Boldt's goaltending in the first round...Must not

Even knudstons but he was playing on his head that game, but whatever worked for him in that game.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby dingdong » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:06 pm

i dont think any west goalie besides hilman will play anywhere after high school......if u look at the east i could probably say Deichert, Arnason and Groves all have pretty good chances of playing juniors....i have heard some talk of deichert playing ushl next year and for arnason, he just won 16u National tournament and has been in contact with a few ushl teams as well......as for groves, great goalie even with a weaker team then deichert and arnason.
dingdong
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:09 pm

dingdong wrote:i dont think any west goalie besides hilman will play anywhere after high school......if u look at the east i could probably say Deichert, Arnason and Groves all have pretty good chances of playing juniors....i have heard some talk of deichert playing ushl next year and for arnason, he just won 16u National tournament and has been in contact with a few ushl teams as well......as for groves, great goalie even with a weaker team then deichert and arnason.

Kovacs from the west will play after high school, if deichert plays on a USHL team wow he better show somthing because he couldn't come tourney time this year.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby dingdong » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:12 pm

From what i have seen and know about kovacs is.....he is very big and good with his gloves, but not very well on his skates and doesnt have the fundamentals even compareable to Deichert, Arnason or Groves.
dingdong
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:24 am

dingdong wrote:From what i have seen and know about kovacs is.....he is very big and good with his gloves, but not very well on his skates and doesnt have the fundamentals even compareable to Deichert, Arnason or Groves.

Rk
Goaltenders
Team
YR
GP
GA
AVG
W
L
T
SV%

[line]

1-
Pat Arnason
GFRR
Jr.
94%

2-
Michael Hillman
BHS
Sr.
91%

3-
Grant Kovacs
dude
So.
94%

4-
Zach Boldt
WIL
Jr.
91%

5-
Sean Deichert
F.S.
Sr.
91%

6-
Mike Sand
GPR
Sr.
90%

7-
Danny Groves
D.L.
Jr.
90%

8-
Derek Skogen
MIN
Jr.
90%

9-
Nick Enderle
JAM
Sr.
89%

10-
Darwin Getzlaff
BOT
So.
89%

Stats don't normally lie, but i see kovacs being alittle better then diecert and kovacs is a junior next year. From the state tourney i think diecert doesn't have the fundementals that kovacs has (If you watched the stellar performance of the championship)

Please let the west bashing begin, because thats all were going to hear is kovacs played against weaker players.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby fellowes » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:16 am

I dont think Deichert plans on playing juniors anywhere, possibly a DIII school. Arnason being looked at by USHL teams is no suprise to me, with his stats this season and a state title and a national title under his belt( he had nice stats in that tournament as well) its safe to say he will get some attention..... I do not think Kovacs was the best goalie in the state this year but the top 3 going into next year will probably be Arnason Kovacs and Groves.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby under armour » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:27 pm

northdakotaprep35 wrote:Wow you are a joke. You have no idea what you are talking about. West hockey is a joke. West goalies are a joke. North Dakota hockey is all in the east and that is where all the talent is. Everybody in the state knows that if your going to talk about goalies dont try and compare east goalies to west goalies because west goalies dont have players like meland, vigen, everson, klein, spicer, and alot more kids like that shooting on them. They have kids that have no idea how to play the sport running around in the zone hoping to get lucky.

OK, I played from the west and moved on to college, the one thing I realized after playing around little leagues here and there and watching Fargo South and RR is that individually you are not really better then us. Individually their is not much of a difference, except your teams have alot more talent then the west. west teams have about waht 5 good players and thats about it, east have a solid 10+. Any ways the short story is that the main reason east is good is because of the knowledge of the game alot of teamwork. West wants to do it on their own which may work in the west but won't get us any where in tourney time.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby Orr4 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:23 pm

You know what, your right. The west does struggle and the reason for that is because basketball is the main sport. The west just doesn't get enough people to try out because most of them play basketball. Unlike east teams, the west has to work with what they got. We don't get over 70+ kids that our coaches have to select to be on the team. Just shutup because you ain't from the west your from the east, you don't know what your talking about and go shove your big ego up your man.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deacon16 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:57 am

Orr4 wrote:
You know what, your right. The west does struggle and the reason for that is because basketball is the main sport. The west just doesn't get enough people to try out because most of them play basketball. Unlike east teams, the west has to work with what they got. We don't get over 70+ kids that our coaches have to select to be on the team. Just shutup because you ain't from the west your from the east, you don't know what your talking about and go shove your big ego up your butt.

I'm pretty sure Shanley, Wahpeton, and Devils Lake don't have a big selection either....but Devils Lake managed 3rd in state. Now i'm not bashing the west, i believe Oster and kovacs are both top three goalies in the state...I just wanna show that thats not completely true.

Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Orr4 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:13 am

Deacon16 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
You know what, your right. The west does struggle and the reason for that is because basketball is the main sport. The west just doesn't get enough people to try out because most of them play basketball. Unlike east teams, the west has to work with what they got. We don't get over 70+ kids that our coaches have to select to be on the team. Just shutup because you ain't from the west your from the east, you don't know what your talking about and go shove your big ego up your butt.

I'm pretty sure Shanley, Wahpeton, and Devils Lake don't have a big selection either....but Devils Lake managed 3rd in state. Now i'm not bashing the west, i believe Oster and kovacs are both top three goalies in the state...I just wanna show that thats not completely true.

Your right too, I meant some of the bigger schools. My bad.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:24 am

Deacon16 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:

Yes devils lake had a good year but after this year i see them going back down to being bottom feeders in the east.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:20 pm

True they didnt have numbers but it also shows they (shanly, whap) were a combined 9-35 (around there) with 4 regional points all coming from when shanly beat whap so it may be true they have few numbers but their seasons also reflect this
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:21 pm

True they didnt have numbers but it also shows they (shanly, whap) were a combined 9-35 (around there) with 4 regional points all coming from when shanly beat whap so it may be true they have few numbers but their seasons also reflect this
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:21 pm

Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deacon16 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:48 am

Saucesauer wrote:True they didnt have numbers but it also shows they (shanly, whap) were a combined 9-35 (around there) with 4 regional points all coming from when shanly beat whap so it may be true they have few numbers but their seasons also reflect this
Shanley and Wahpeton didn't have the numbers, this is true, but don't combine them....Shanley had 7 wins...don't make it seem like they had 4. Shanley's numbers are growing, they will have a JV team next year and have 20 returning letterman, Wahp will struggle.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:19 am

Ditka14 wrote:
dingdong wrote:From what i have seen and know about kovacs is.....he is very big and good with his gloves, but not very well on his skates and doesnt have the fundamentals even compareable to Deichert, Arnason or Groves.

Rk
Goaltenders
Team
YR
GP
GA
AVG
W
L
T
SV%

[line]

1-
Pat Arnason
GFRR
Jr.
94%

2-
Michael Hillman
BHS
Sr.
91%

3-
Grant Kovacs
dude
So.
94%

4-
Zach Boldt
WIL
Jr.
91%

5-
Sean Deichert
F.S.
Sr.
91%

6-
Mike Sand
GPR
Sr.
90%

7-
Danny Groves
D.L.
Jr.
90%

8-
Derek Skogen
MIN
Jr.
90%

9-
Nick Enderle
JAM
Sr.
89%

10-
Darwin Getzlaff
BOT
So.
89%

Stats don't normally lie, but i see kovacs being alittle better then diecert and kovacs is a junior next year. From the state tourney i think diecert doesn't have the fundementals that kovacs has (If you watched the stellar performance of the championship)

Please let the west bashing begin, because thats all were going to hear is kovacs played against weaker players.

kovacs Sr next year
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mauer07 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:02 am

i agree with you brownbomber, kovacs is a stud at goaltending
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dingdong » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:02 pm

kovacs is good but.......Arnason and Groves in my opinion are the 2 best goalies in the state with out a ?
dingdong
NDPreps Rookie

Postby brownbomber » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:05 pm

why is that
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby dmdp » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:05 pm

Kovacs is a senior in 2007-08. So he's got one year left to prove himself.
dmdp
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:32 pm

under armour wrote:

OK, I played from the west and moved on to college, the one thing I realized after playing around little leagues here and there and watching Fargo South and RR is that individually you are not really better then us. Individually their is not much of a difference, except your teams have alot more talent then the west. west teams have about waht 5 good players and thats about it, east have a solid 10+. Any ways the short story is that the main reason east is good is because of the knowledge of the game alot of teamwork. West wants to do it on their own which may work in the west but won't get us any where in tourney time.

I don't think the only thing going for the East would be teamwork. The individual talent of a vast majority of players from the east compared to a much smaller pool in the west allows some of the least cooperative, skilled teams in the east to compete at a higher level. Look at the 2006-07 FS team. As I saw it, generally they had a lack of teamwork compared to most other teams (Excluding EDC, where they seemed to pick it up, and lost during state), but they still got a relatively good season under their belts. I think it's more individual talent than teamwork that defines the difference between east and west.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:20 pm

i find it interesting that you say spicer the kid had 13 points for a team that didnt even make state...heck i had more than him and i played in the west
Last edited by Saucesauer on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brownbomber » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:57 am

Saucesauer wrote:

i find it interesting that you say spicer the kid had 13 points for a team that didnt even make state...heck i had more than him and i played in the west
which problably makes for more shots to stop but of course that doesnt mean anything cause RR goalie last  year had like 10 shots and gave up like what 2 or 3 goals, his defense should good in front of him
Last edited by brownbomber on Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favre#1 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:12 pm

Any predictions who the best goalie in the state will be this year?
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:47 pm

I'd have to say Groves, but doesn't look like he'll have the team to take them anywhere deep into state.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey