Best Goalie in the State

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:55 pm

haha thats a joke i garuntee there are a few mind you a few that could do it no problem and do very well and maybe just maybe give that team the be the missing link it needs for a title
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:58 pm

Wow you are a joke. You have no idea what you are talking about. West hockey is a joke. West goalies are a joke. North Dakota hockey is all in the east and that is where all the talent is. Everybody in the state knows that if your going to talk about goalies dont try and compare east goalies to west goalies because west goalies dont have players like meland, vigen, everson, klein, spicer, and alot more kids like that shooting on them. They have kids that have no idea how to play the sport running around in the zone hoping to get lucky.
northdakotaprep35

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:03 pm

yeah your right they only have mr hockey playing them twice a year
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:05 pm

Mr. Hockey (Herbel). What a joke. Danny Wurden should have been Mr. Hockey no question about it. He is playing in Sioux City he has gotten calls from Columbus Blue Jackets. And should be coming to the Sioux in the next couple years. Eric Herbel what is he doing. Nothing. Hes going no where fast.
northdakotaprep35

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:08 pm

do you play hockey ?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:09 pm

Yeah. I do play hockey. Do you play hockey and if you do you must be from the West. And you must be really good (N) becuase that is where all the best players come from.
northdakotaprep35

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:18 pm

i am from the west and obivously your some  guy that puts all those east guys on a pedestal and cant say there isnt a few decent players in the west i bet there are a few that will play juniors here in the next few years i can garuntee it pal
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:21 pm

No there is a few decent players from the west. But not as much as the East. Herbel is a good player but he couldnt put up the numbers he did he if he was playing in the East. He wouldnt be Mr. Hockey if he played in the East. You know thats true.
northdakotaprep35

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:22 pm

actually you know what your right the west not cool and no one is good and we are definately inferior to the east and will never be up to par with them and you must be a potential mr hockey candidate so good luck mister cause you sound like a hockey buff
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:23 pm

I knew you would see it my way. Maybe the west can make it past the first round in the state tournament soon. Wow would that be amazing!
northdakotaprep35

Postby ghetto*revival » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:40 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
Deacon16 wrote:
northdakotaprep35 wrote:Give credit were credit is due. Put any other goalie in ness' shoes last year with the team he had i bet they would have put up the same numbers.

Oster was in a way worse situation. Oster faced 1054 shots all year and had a save percentage of 90%. Ness faced 687 shots and had an 88% save percentage with 3.57 GAA.

at  Bismarck High
L
Oster

Jamestown
L
Oster

vs  Kittson Central
L
Oster

Ness had to make over 35 saves a grand total of 1 time, Oster on the other hand made over 35 saves in 16 games. One more fun fact, this will prove to you that you are crazy. Hazen managed to get outshot by 705 shots total this season and had 3 wins, mainly because of Oster....Central OUTSHOT their opponents by 152 yet Oster still managed a 90% save percentage and kept his GAA near Ness's. Put Ness in Oster's place, just estimating with his save percentage (but he has a much better team) he would have allowed about 127 goals.
Someone was bored and had too much time on their hands. =)

or he wanted to prove his point way to go deacon
ghetto*revival

Postby dubblepen » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:56 am

BenchRanger wrote:So RR doesn't know how shoot?!?!?! Don't bash the west when you haven't got a clue about what is going on. Pull your head out!!

By the way how did your basketball teams do this year??? :shock: 

Maybe you should schedule more games against the west so you can learn to get better.

who won the state tournament the year befo? o ya an east team.

you cant compare east hockey dominance to the west winnin in bball. in bball they hav gone bac n forth in winnin state titles as in hockey only ONCE in 47 years has the west won a state title.
Last edited by dubblepen on Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
blood sweat and tears, i dripped all tre jus to get hur.
dubblepen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:02 am

northdakotaprep35 wrote:This is the hockey forum. Not Basketball. I would love to see a west goalie transfer over to a east team. They would get absoutly crushed.

Obviously if you watched the state games the West goalies didn't get crushed, i think the east goalies had a poor showing at state, minus arneson maybe. Kovacs is the best goalie in the state this year and he is from the west. He would make any east team if he was to transfer i will bet any money on that.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:01 am

northdakotaprep35 wrote:I knew you would see it my way. Maybe the west can make it past the first round in the state tournament soon. Wow would that be amazing!

i'm not a west fan or an east fan, i'm a hockey fan.  true hockey fans aren't one-sided, they see the whole picture.  it's pretty obvious to you that the west not cool and the hockey in the east is the greatest thing in the world. 

a majority of the coaches felt eric herbal deserved mr. hockey, so he got mr. hockey over danny wurden.  he has had oppturnities to leave, but he wanted to represent the state by playing for team nd.  i believe he plays on the golf team up in bottineau and maybe he just wants to graduate in his hometown.  so leaving early for jrs. doesn't make you a better hockey player, herbal just choose a different route after high school. 

you can't take anything away from the goalies in the west, because team nd consist of 2 goalies from the west which one plays jr. gold.  i think both the east and west have good goaltenders. 
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BenchRanger » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:33 am

northdakotaprep35 wrote:This is the hockey forum. Not Basketball. I would love to see a west goalie transfer over to a east team. They would get absoutly crushed.

You are absolutely right! This is a HOCKEY Forum. Not a west hockey or east hockey forum. It's a NORTH DAKOTA HOCKEY FORUM. Just stick to good players, good teams, and get off the soapbox about E vs. W. I bet you were a player.... You were probably sitting right next to the coach so he'd see you with 30 seconds left agianst Wahp. so you could get your only shift of the year.
It's not how high you climb, but how high you bounce after you fall. Gen. George Patton
BenchRanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Deacon16 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:13 pm

northdakotaprep35 wrote:Thats west hockey people dont know how to shoot in the west. If they played in the east those goalies would get messed up. End of Story

Ya I'm sure the 11 of the top 27 state scorers had a pretty bad shot. Teams in the west don't just play the west, teams in the east don't just play teams in the east.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:08 pm

northdakotaprep35 wrote:Thats west hockey people dont know how to shoot in the west. If they played in the east those goalies would get messed up. End of Story

We scored on diecert twice and we had like 12 shots on net and none in the 3rd period i had never heard of ness throught the whole season and all of a sudden he is good if he is so good and from what i have read he is a senior y didnt he try out for team nd or where is he persuing his hockey career at you should know best because either he is you or a close friend
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deacon16 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:38 pm

Saucesauer wrote:

We scored on diecert twice and we had like 12 shots on net and none in the 3rd period i had never heard of ness throught the whole season and all of a sudden he is good if he is so good and from what i have read he is a senior y didnt he try out for team nd or where is he persuing his hockey career at you should know best because either he is you or a close friend
Yes thank you. Now we have a complete opinion from the west. I played against Diechert and have played with him. Oster is just as solid as him.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:33 pm

Diechert did good as a Junior, but his Senior year he completely collapsed. I would not use Diechert as an example of prime East goalie material. If you are looking for a good goalie, I would have to say BY FAR that Groves showed the most impressive at state and it paralleled with his season.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Deacon16 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:42 am

HockeyHigh wrote:Diechert did good as a Junior, but his Senior year he completely collapsed. I would not use Diechert as an example of prime East goalie material. If you are looking for a good goalie, I would have to say BY FAR that Groves showed the most impressive at state and it paralleled with his season.

Agreed. Groves is a great goaltender. I'm not saying Oster is THE BEST, i'm saying he is one of the best. Hew gets 0 credit because he plays for Hazen. So I'm not syaing he's number 1.....but with as many saves as he makes i'd put him top 3.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:52 am

with who else?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby feeshattack » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:03 am

Kovacs from DHS is a pertty good goalie, only a junior this year and had a lot of saves.... so look for him next year
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deacon16 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:21 am

brownbomber wrote:with who else?

I'd go

1. Groves

2. Oster

3. Kovacs
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brian » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:29 pm

northdakotaprep35 wrote:I knew you would see it my way. Maybe the west can make it past the first round in the state tournament soon. Wow would that be amazing!

you are one of the biggest sadistic pricks i have ever read.  you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  my guess is you are some grand forks kid who thinks hes a bigshot.  as for herbel as mr hockey, whether he played in the east or the west he still got it, and no amount of your, for loss of a better word, complaining, is going to change it so just get over it. 
brian

Postby sportsfan1989 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:21 am

northdakotaprep35 wrote:Wow you are a joke. You have no idea what you are talking about. West hockey is a joke. West goalies are a joke. North Dakota hockey is all in the east and that is where all the talent is. Everybody in the state knows that if your going to talk about goalies dont try and compare east goalies to west goalies because west goalies dont have players like meland, vigen, everson, klein, spicer, and alot more kids like that shooting on them. They have kids that have no idea how to play the sport running around in the zone hoping to get lucky.

Did you not see the Zach Boldt's goaltending in the first round...Must not
sportsfan1989

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey