Class A/ AA plan

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Class A/ AA plan

Postby madseason » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:27 pm

Class A East- Grafton, Langdon, Park River , Whapeton, Mayport, Valley City. West Fargo sheyanne 1st couple years? West- Crosby, Watford City, Hazen Beulah, Bottineau, Rugby, Richland (Sydney MT). Bismarck Legacy 1st couple years?. AA East- Central, Red River,
Davies, South, North, West Fargo, Devils Lake. West- Bismarck, Bismarck Century, Minot, Mandan, Dickinson, Williston, Jamestown. The season lasts one week longer (might help with the Engelstad problem?) State A tournament a week before the AA regionals. Winner of A gets pick at what region they will be seeded 8th in AA, runner up gets the other. I think schools like Red River, Central, Minot, Bismarck teams could also have enough players that they CUT to make a C squad to play in the A division? This would Grow Hockey in the state. IMO Minnesota does it right.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Class A/ AA plan

Postby Flip » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:20 am

There was a co-op agreed upon between MPCG, CV, Hillsboro, and Hope-Page I believe for the 17-18 season. Will they just be in the EDC next year?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby hockeynut » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:38 am

madseason wrote:Class A East- Grafton, Langdon, Park River , Whapeton, Mayport, Valley City. West Fargo sheyanne 1st couple years? West- Crosby, Watford City, Hazen Beulah, Bottineau, Rugby, Richland (Sydney MT). Bismarck Legacy 1st couple years?. AA East- Central, Red River,
Davies, South, North, West Fargo, Devils Lake. West- Bismarck, Bismarck Century, Minot, Mandan, Dickinson, Williston, Jamestown. The season lasts one week longer (might help with the Engelstad problem?) State A tournament a week before the AA regionals. Winner of A gets pick at what region they will be seeded 8th in AA, runner up gets the other. I think schools like Red River, Central, Minot, Bismarck teams could also have enough players that they CUT to make a C squad to play in the A division? This would Grow Hockey in the state. IMO Minnesota does it right.

Valley City co-ops with Jamestown. They don’t have enough players to field a team the way it is. Jamestown would be weaker yet without VC as they have only made state twice since 99’.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nomogprhokee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Jamestown can go A then! Valley city's hockey program falls apart after squirts for the same reason the park rivers program has struggled after squirts. Valley city has had some very good squirt teams over the past 5 years . They don't retain the players in the "coop". At least Jamestown tries to do it right by using a neutral name and colors in the Coop, unlike the mess they have up in Grafton and park river.
nomogprhokee
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:55 pm

scc wrote:
Flip wrote:There was a co-op agreed upon between MPCG, CV, Hillsboro, and Hope-Page I believe for the 17-18 season. Will they just be in the EDC next year?

My understanding is they'll play an independent schedule.

That's exactly how it looks on their schedule as well right now...lots of MN teams (their JVs?) and a few SD & ND teams (also looks to be JVs for the ND teams).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:24 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
scc wrote:
Flip wrote:There was a co-op agreed upon between MPCG, CV, Hillsboro, and Hope-Page I believe for the 17-18 season. Will they just be in the EDC next year?

That's exactly how it looks on their schedule as well right now...lots of MN teams (their JVs?) and a few SD & ND teams (also looks to be JVs for the ND teams).

So what is the long term goal of this co-op? is it just to play an independent schedule or do they hope to some day compete in the EDC?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby madseason » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:57 pm

nomogprhokee wrote:Jamestown can go A then! Valley city's hockey program falls apart after squirts for the same reason the park rivers program has struggled after squirts. Valley city has had some very good squirt teams over the past 5 years . They don't retain the players in the "coop". At least Jamestown tries to do it right by using a neutral name and colors in the Coop, unlike the mess they have up in Grafton and park river.

Yep!!
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
scc wrote:

So what is the long term goal of this co-op? is it just to play an independent schedule or do they hope to some day compete in the EDC?
Mayport reminds me of the beginning of the Park river program. they had to go west every year to make the state tournament in HS, And they did. Mayport has a great hockey program, don't underestimate them. They are doing it right! If there were a two class system now they would be one of the teams at the top in the east IMO.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:35 pm

hockeynut wrote:
madseason wrote:Class A East- Grafton, Langdon, Park River , Whapeton, Mayport, Valley City. West Fargo sheyanne 1st couple years? West- Crosby, Watford City, Hazen Beulah, Bottineau, Rugby, Richland (Sydney MT). Bismarck Legacy 1st couple years?. AA East- Central, Red River,

Valley City co-ops with Jamestown. They don’t have enough players to field a team the way it is. Jamestown would be weaker yet without VC as they have only made state twice since 99’.
Ever think the reason IS the COOP? Who wants to put their kid in something that they know they are going to be traveling to. (play a sport in town son/daughter) Jamestown and Valley City are farther away than GPR I think. Valley City should have their own team IMO.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Hockey