2016-17 SCHEDULE

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2016-17 SCHEDULE

Postby hockeynut » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:18 am

madseason wrote:
hockeynut wrote:Yeah we were wimps back then practing outside when it was -20 and blowing to beat heck. We were happy as heck to play in any kind of indoor rink. The old DL rink may still use a tractor but the Burdick doesn't.
Just quit crying. Or I'll slap you in the head. :) Its not that cold. I think Grafton Park river should practice outside? The wussiest team I've ever seen out of GPR! They should practice outside and let the younger kids get the indoor ice time?

So you are calling a team of kids wussies? Not cool in my book. If anything I'd look at the coach not the kids.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Unity77 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:21 pm

hockeynut wrote:
madseason wrote:
hockeynut wrote:Yeah we were wimps back then practing outside when it was -20 and blowing to beat heck. We were happy as heck to play in any kind of indoor rink. The old DL rink may still use a tractor but the Burdick doesn't.
Just quit crying. Or I'll slap you in the head. :) Its not that cold. I think Grafton Park river should practice outside? The wussiest team I've ever seen out of GPR! They should practice outside and let the younger kids get the indoor ice time?

So you are calling a team of kids wussies? Not cool in my book. If anything I'd look at the coach not the kids.

In the case of Grafton - Park-River, it's the parents who have ruined the program. Their attitudes / expectations have really screwed things up for their precious snowflakes.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:12 am

Unity77 wrote:
hockeynut wrote:
madseason wrote:

In the case of Grafton - Park-River, it's the parents who have ruined the program. Their attitudes / expectations have really screwed things up for their precious snowflakes.

So is it Grafton parents clashing with Park River parents or vice versa? Or is it parents whining about playing time or the coaching in general?
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Unity77 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:04 pm

hockeynut wrote:So is it Grafton parents clashing with Park River parents or vice versa? Or is it parents whining about playing time or the coaching in general?

From my understanding both sides are to blame. However, there is definitely animosity towards Grafton. PR parents have been upset that the Spoiler name is used, that the maroon and gold uniforms are worn, and all games are played in Grafton. Playing time has and always will be an issue. Parents from both sides have always complained that last name plays a role in how much ice time a kid gets, but this is an issue with every program. As far as coaching is concerned, I know several who have caught more crap than what it was worth. Changing the name, colors, and venue won't matter if the parents and some of the teenagers continue to act like little children. What has been happening the past five years will affect the program for several years. Many think the drama will end the program all together.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:02 pm

hockeynut wrote:
madseason wrote:

Yea that was bad. They are not wussies. They showed a lot of heart against GFC. Never gave up. They are a young team. Hats off to central and the class they showed in that game. GFRR and Bismarck could learn something from that game.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Monday, January 23rd
Minot def. Bottineau-Rugby 7-1

Tuesday, January 24th
Fargo Davies def. Fargo South/Shanley 4-3 F/OT
GF Central def. West Fargo 9-0
GF Red River def. Devils Lake 5-1
Fargo North def. Jamestown 3-2
Century def. Dickinson 7-2
Bottineau-Rugby def. Williston 3-2 F/OT
Minot JV def. Hazen/Beulah 8-1

Thursday, January 26th
GF Red River def. East Grand Forks, MN 5-2
GF Central def. Grafton-Park River 12-1
West Fargo def. Jamestown 6-1
Minot def. Mandan 8-1

Friday, January 27th
Century def. Williston 8-1
Bismarck JV def. Bottineau-Rugby 3-1
Dickinson def. Pierre, SD 6-1

Saturday, January 28th
GF Central def. East Grand Forks, MN 5-0
Fargo South/Shanley def. Grafton-Park River 2-1
GF Red River def. Minot 6-0
Bismarck JV def. Williston 3-2
Jamestown def. Hazen/Beulah 7-0
Mandan def. Pierre, SD 1-0
Bottineau-Rugby def. Century JV 4-3 F/OT
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:04 pm

Tuesday, January 31st
GF Central def. GF Red River 7-2
West Fargo tied Fargo North 2-2 F/SO (WF wins SO)
Devils Lake def. Jamestown 7-2

Thursday, February 2nd
GF Red River def. Fargo North 3-0
GF Central def. Devils Lake 3-2
Jamestown def. Century 5-4
Bismarck def. Dickinson 7-1
Grafton-Park River def. Kittson Central, MN 7-2

Friday, February 3rd
Century def. Fargo Davies 4-2
Bismarck def. Fargo South/Shanley 6-0
Devils Lake def. Minot 3-1
Bottineau-Rugby def. Mandan 4-3 F/OT

Saturday, February 4th
GF Central def. Detroit Lakes, MN 5-2
Fargo Davies def. Bismarck 3-0
Century def. Fargo South/Shanley 2-1
West Fargo def. Bottineau-Rugby 3-2 F/OT
Minot def. Dickinson 6-4
Williston def. Mandan 3-0

Tuesday, February 7th
Fargo Davies def. West Fargo 3-2
Fargo South/Shanley def. Fargo North 6-3
GF Central def. Devils Lake 7-0
Bismarck def. Century 7-1
Minot def. Williston 5-1
Mandan def. Jamestown 3-1
Dickinson def. Hazen/Beulah 16-0

Thursday, February 9th
Fargo Davies def. Grafton-Park River 7-3
Devils Lake def. Fargo North 8-0
GF Red River def. West Fargo 7-1
Bismarck def. Jamestown 7-0

Friday, February 10th
GF Central def. Fargo South/Shanley 11-0
Century def. Bottineau-Rugby 6-0

Saturday, February 11th
GF Red River def. Grafton-Park River 10-0
Mandan def. Hazen/Beulah 12-0
Minot def. Jamestown 10-4
Dickinson def. Williston 4-1
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby hockeynut » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Game of the year tomorrow night. GFC vs RR. Good chance they will meet in the championship game at state.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:28 am

Just hand the trophy over to Central. RR was up 2-1 last night before Central reeled of 6 straight and won easily 7-2. Who will be second is the question
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:45 pm

Jays first win over Century since 07' or 22 games ago. Did not see that coming with the way the Jays were playing lately.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Back when I played in the late 70's there was a challenge game where #4 in the west played #5 in the east and vice versa after regionals for a shot to get to state. They should go back to that. Guarantee there would be 5 east teams and 3 west teams this year and many other years. Get the best teams at state.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Hockey