Mr. Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cavedude » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:54 am

tim wrote:i was there and watched the game, bottineau had some unlucky breaks, and williston always got the lucky bounce, i think there were about 4 goals that went in off of skates, and getzlaff seemed to save the first ones all of the time, but he had trouble when they could take three or four pop shots at a time, just like every other goalie would.

I was just wondering if you were watching the same game i was, granted bottineau came out flying, williston kept shooting on the goalie, and there were two goals that went off of skates, one was a feed from behind the net and it hit getzlaff's skate which is bad positioning, and another went off of shane jensen's skate. take those two goals away and its still a 7-3 game, so i wouldnt say that williston always got the "lucky" bounce
cavedude
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:22 pm

cavedude wrote:
tim wrote:i was there and watched the game, bottineau had some unlucky breaks, and williston always got the lucky bounce, i think there were about 4 goals that went in off of skates, and getzlaff seemed to save the first ones all of the time, but he had trouble when they could take three or four pop shots at a time, just like every other goalie would.

I was just wondering if you were watching the same game i was, granted bottineau came out flying, williston kept shooting on the goalie, and there were two goals that went off of skates, one was a feed from behind the net and it hit getzlaff's skate which is bad positioning, and another went off of shane jensen's skate. take those two goals away and its still a 7-3 game, so i wouldnt say that williston always got the "lucky" bounce

the only thing that matters is what the scoreboard reads.  it doesn't matter if the refs are bad, bounces don't go your way, it's what the scoreboard reads.  bottineau got a good old butt kicking from williston, end of story.
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Hockey