Mr. Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:12 pm

highheat wrote:the only thing i see wrong with welding is the amount of time he spends in the box.

Kind of a head case
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoSioux » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:39 pm

I would like to see Ditka step on the ice with him and get dropped............he hits harder than anyone else in the state besides maybe Rehak from Williston
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scrappy23 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:54 pm

lol hardest in the state i dont think so.
scrappy23

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:02 am

Its easy to be the biggest goon in the state to hit hard, hitting is apart of the game though you have to use it to your advantage not to just make a huge hit.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby jkaiz » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:46 am

plus with the new rules he has spend some quality time in the box
jkaiz

Postby iwantsyndogs » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:11 am

Where was the mighty Kyle Everson last night against Grafton.  You have to play big in big games to win this award. 
iwantsyndogs
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RazorsEdge » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:34 am

He scored DL's only goal. He has scored in every game so far this year. . You know nothing about Kyle he has a heart bigger than anyone and he isn't on here trash talking he just wants to play so leave him be. I enjoy reading the posts on this site I just wish that people could be more positive. DK for example gets alot of guff, well he was one of Minots best on Tuesday and yes I was there.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby highheat » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:15 pm

half of eversons points have come against teams like shanley and minot. thats not saying a whole lot considering those two teams have combined for one win this season. he'll earn respect if he can put up good numbers against quality teams.
highheat

Postby iwantsyndogs » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:17 pm

I think it's great that he has scored in every game.  All I'm saying is, if you want to get to the next level, you have to be able to steal games in North Dakota.  Is he a NAHL player as of right now, maybe.  I want him to be a USHL player, and to do that he has to steal games.  Best of luck to him and the Firebirds.
iwantsyndogs
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hcky1616 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:36 am

In Youth Hockey we called them Puck-Hogs now we call them Mr. Hockey Candidates.
hcky1616

Postby ndsubball » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:24 am

If i remember correctly kyle everson had a hat trick against jamestown and minot. it is also kind of hard to steal a game away from a good grafton park river team when DL only played two lines and the third line only played about 5 shifts and that was in the first period
ndsubball

Postby iwantsyndogs » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:31 pm

ndsubball wrote:If i remember correctly kyle everson had a hat trick against jamestown and minot. it is also kind of hard to steal a game away from a good grafton park river team when DL only played two lines and the third line only played about 5 shifts and that was in the first period

Wouldn't you say that would help him?  More ice time, I hope he's in shape to handle an every-other shift in North Dakota.
iwantsyndogs
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hi Rizer » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:23 pm

My vote will go to mookie from DL... if they go by all around points kyle everson will prolly win but if they go by other things i wouldnt know

Hi Rizer

Postby fellowes » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:37 pm

At this point in the season it is hard to tab a Mr. Hockey winner, let alone a finalist but speculation is fun and opinions are what this forum is for. So if I were choosing the finalists they would be....
   Kyle Everson - Devils Lake forward
   Sean Deichert- Fargo South goalie
   Michel Hillman- Bismarck High goalie
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby OldTimer » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:09 pm

I really think Mr. Hockey is going to come from the Elite 1 pool. These players were on the elite 1 team for a reason, there are a lot of good players from around the state but these guys were chosen by many people governing ND hockey as well as the elite league itself. There were four seniors on the team and I believe one of them will be Mr. Hockey.

Danny Wurden (Fargo South) -- Danny is one of the best defenseman in the state and is also one of the most athletic guys out on the ice when he is out there. He tends to run around a little bit, but his speed and puck ability keep him in the play. Danny is my vote for most likely to succeed in juniors.
Tanner Hills (Grafton/Park River) -- Tanner is a great player who is physical, defensive, passes better than anyone in the state, and just has great vision and sense for what is going on. A good all around player, who plays with other skilled forwards. If Grafton finishes with a good ranking this year, much credit will go to Tanner.
Tyler Klein (Fargo North)-- Tyler is one of the speediest players in the state. Despite playing on a very average team Tyler gets points due to hard work and a quick release mid-stride shot.
Sein Deichert (Fargo South) -- Sean is the best goalie in the state. He won a championship last year and is on a team that is built to succeed again. Despite not seeing a lot of shots every night Sean usually makes the saves he needs to. Before I would give him Mr. Hockey I would definately like to see him in a game where he wins it for the Bruins.
OldTimer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby secretpotion » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:02 pm

ndsubball wrote:If i remember correctly kyle everson had a hat trick against jamestown and minot. it is also kind of hard to steal a game away from a good grafton park river team when DL only played two lines and the third line only played about 5 shifts and that was in the first period
well welding scored 4 in that game
secretpotion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:37 pm

what are the odds a goalie wins it this year???
Last edited by Saucesauer on Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Dk All Day » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm

very slim to none i don't remeber the last time a goalie won mr. hockey i think the one time i could think of it was the goalie in the 6 overtime championship game.
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby fellowes » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:24 pm

Kasey Moreland- GFC

Nate Ziegelmann- GFRR

Tony Gasparini-GFC
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby BenchRanger » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:22 pm

fellowes wrote:Kasey Moreland- GFC

Nate Ziegelmann- GFRR

Tony Gasparini-GFC

Joey Vannett - Jamestown '95

It's not how high you climb, but how high you bounce after you fall. Gen. George Patton
BenchRanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UNDBaseball » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:49 pm

I believe those years were '03 for Moreland, '01 for Ziegelmann, and i'm not quite sure about Gasparini but i want to say around like '93...If i had to make my prediction for mr. hockey right now it would be Danny Wurden from South...I saw him the other night and he easily stood out as the best player on the ice...Plus the team around him will help out a lot.
Last edited by UNDBaseball on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNDBaseball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clark17 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:50 am

Gasparini was a co-Mr. Hockey with Asheim in 92'.  Who was the last defenseman?
Last edited by Clark17 on Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:49 am

i think it was Marto from GFC
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RazorsEdge » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:42 am

Yes it may come from the Elite 1 but there are people that choose to play football etc.Tom Phillion, Jake Marto, Matt Stockert just to name a few.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby Claz B Fan » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:57 am

Have you guys heard of Heyard Slupshot hes quite a Russian hockey player from what I have heard......Anyone know of his chances to win MR.Hockey??
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey