Best sophmores in the state

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Clark17 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:57 pm

Your right, wrong goalie, my mistake.  Per was a Norwegian however.  You guys did play the eventual state champs tough.  Bottineau lost in o.t. to South the following game.  Minot won a first and second round game that year.  That was a good year for the west.  I'm not sure if those were the only teams from the west that year, Jamestown or BHS possibly?
Last edited by Clark17 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:14 pm

tim wrote:i heard that the ndaha wouldnt let them play b/c they felt that they werent good enough or something, and they only wanted to play for the one year, they proved that they were good enough by tipping over some of the larger towns from the west (minot, mandan, williston, dickenson).  This year bottineau won the peewee b tournament, and they also have a great shot at winning the Bantom too, id say that they should just play A hockey. Last year, if the good bottineau bantom team played b hockey they would have cleaned up the whole league, they were well coached, and they might not have had the most talent, but they definately took advantage of everything they could get.

it seems to me that jo and tim are teammates, because your post usually go hand and hand with one another.  i hope i'm wrong because i know alot of people up north and they wouldn't think too highly of you guys bragging yourselves up. 

bottineau was improved, but these kids from last years bantam team didn't really stand out.  the tooke kid and kippen did good on defense and #6 did all right as a forward. 

this good bantam team actually lost to a grand forks b team by a goal, explain that one.  it seemed to me that the younger bantam team did just fine last year from bottineau.

maybe if you guys were so good, you could of chipped in and helped eric herbal and justin heth out.  bottineau will struggle next year, who will score besides the handleland kid.  they need a goalie, he struggled last year too. 

the one thing bottineau has going for them, they have one of the best coaches in the state, dave hoff.   
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jo » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:22 pm

no we r not team mates but we use to live there and it seemed to me that u guys really smashed eric on this website at the middle of the season. and wat goalie r u referring to as the one who sruggles last year.. lee or getzlaff..b/c getzlaff played his 1st year this year and he did decent this year for only being a sophmore
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:33 pm

look for #4 and #19 from dickinson next season they will be sophs
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:23 pm

brownbomber wrote:look for #4 and #19 from dickinson next season they will be sophs

Dickinson already start tryouts and received their jerseys, or how do you know they'll be #4 and #19?
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:42 pm

they played last year as raw freshman and handled their own quite well
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:43 pm

usually you  keep the same #s throughout the highschool career
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:02 pm

brownbomber wrote:usually you  keep the same #s throughout the highschool career
The point I was trying to get across was to use names, not numbers. 
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:07 pm

the point im trying to get at is watch for them boy dont need to name names
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:11 pm

brownbomber wrote:the point im trying to get at is watch for them boy dont need to name names
Well, if I don't know who you want me to watch for, I can't watch them. I'm no mindreader. It's also much easier than looking up rosters to find numbers that I hope are correct.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby tim » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:25 pm

The Hockey Wizzard wrote:
tim wrote:i heard that the ndaha wouldnt let them play b/c they felt that they werent good enough or something, and they only wanted to play for the one year, they proved that they were good enough by tipping over some of the larger towns from the west (minot, mandan, williston, dickenson).  This year bottineau won the peewee b tournament, and they also have a great shot at winning the Bantom too, id say that they should just play A hockey. Last year, if the good bottineau bantom team played b hockey they would have cleaned up the whole league, they were well coached, and they might not have had the most talent, but they definately took advantage of everything they could get.

it seems to me that jo and tim are teammates, because your post usually go hand and hand with one another.  i hope i'm wrong because i know alot of people up north and they wouldn't think too highly of you guys bragging yourselves up. 

bottineau was improved, but these kids from last years bantam team didn't really stand out.  the tooke kid and kippen did good on defense and #6 did all right as a forward. 

this good bantam team actually lost to a grand forks b team by a goal, explain that one.  it seemed to me that the younger bantam team did just fine last year from bottineau.

maybe if you guys were so good, you could of chipped in and helped eric herbal and justin heth out.  bottineau will struggle next year, who will score besides the handleland kid.  they need a goalie, he struggled last year too. 

the one thing bottineau has going for them, they have one of the best coaches in the state, dave hoff.   

once again, im no longer from bottineau, but i pay attention to their hockey program, i grew up there, and my first cousin has alot to do with their program. my relatives have said that there are a few good kids who know how to play togather...and play togather well who are sophomores. none of my relatives play for this team, but the group younger than them, i guess we will see what happens in the future, hopefully they can put something togather, word is they have some talent.

p.s. who is jo...... and how could you mistake an old man like me for being his team mate?
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:04 pm

tim wrote:
The Hockey Wizzard wrote:

once again, im no longer from bottineau, but i pay attention to their hockey program, i grew up there, and my first cousin has alot to do with their program. my relatives have said that there are a few good kids who know how to play togather...and play togather well who are sophomores. none of my relatives play for this team, but the group younger than them, i guess we will see what happens in the future, hopefully they can put something togather, word is they have some talent.

p.s. who is jo...... and how could you mistake an old man like me for being his team mate?

what kind of a old man says because like b/c? and how many old men that doesnt live in bottineau know more about the hockey program there more than everybody else in the city combined? oh so you really are jo's teammate right?
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby tim » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:16 pm

ok you little teenaged kids need to stop... i am 48 years old and have no clue who this jo guy is, how is it possible that i am his teammate.... i am an old hockey play from bottineau highschool who wasnt any good... i will admit it, but i still watch the schools sports, and recieve the towns paper every week... just to read the sports....i am all washed up and i guess i have nothing better to do than watch the highschool that i gratuated from, compete... is there any problem with that?

Any one could tell you that a person who claims to be from afghanistan...and is on this site is childish, im guessing it is some sort of kid.... and i dont appreciate all of the hooplah about me being some random persons team mate, and starting rumors about me and my viewpoints on sports.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsathlete4 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:31 am

I'd say Russle Crary and Tanner Spicer
sportsathlete4

Postby brfan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:53 am

ZAC SMITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HE IS AMZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
brfan

Postby brownbomber » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:08 am

will these kids all be juniors next year?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRRfan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:32 am

Who has ever heard of a Zac Smith??
GFRRfan

Postby jkaiz » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:09 pm

nobody just another kid trying to brag himself up
jkaiz

Postby GFRRfan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:10 pm

Ya no kidding. Why don't we talk about some legit sophomores. You think any of those kids have a shot at leaving early or do you think they'll all be around their senior years??
GFRRfan

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

I'm guessing they'll all be around until they are seniors.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu May 03, 2007 4:55 am

Tyler Swanson is said to be transferring to South now also.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby jkaiz » Thu May 03, 2007 6:47 am

wow, isnt narvedson transferring there too? 
jkaiz

Postby NDSUGrad » Fri May 04, 2007 10:12 am

he is
NDSUGrad
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favre#1 » Fri May 04, 2007 11:20 am

Narveson from north and Burdick fromwest fargo are going to south for sure i don't know about swanson
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Hockey