Will South pull off a state championship this year or come u

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Will Win State this Year?

Fargo South
56%
Red River
22%
Grafton
6%
Other
17%

Total votes : 18

Postby Csauce123 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:02 am

[font=courier new]Will the Fargo South Bruins play to their potential in the State Tournament this year or will they be overconfident again this year and get suprised by Red River? They definately have the talent, but that doesn't always matter come tourney time.[/font]
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby assistentgm07 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:46 am

HAHAHA i would have to say no im guessing another team on from the west
assistentgm07

Postby 1337 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:49 am

Those of you voting for other, whom exactly do you think?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Csauce123 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:28 pm

Making this poll I just went with the obvious choices but now with Central beating Warroad and some decent west teams let us know if you think another team will win state and why.
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby assistentgm07 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:30 am

i would have to say devils lake minot williston or bismark  high
assistentgm07

Postby Csauce123 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:23 am

were talking about the state championship not the consey champs. I guarantee a western team will win the consey bracket
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby Slapshot03 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:32 am

I really dont see one of those west teams winning state this year. Reasons being:

1) Devils lake lost to the #6 seed North

2) Bismarck got killed twice by South

3) Minot lost to RR and Grafton

4) if Minot beat Williston twice and Minot lost the the two east teams I dont think they have much of a chance either.
Last edited by Slapshot03 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slapshot03
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Csauce123 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:08 am

Nice Facts.
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby wawa » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:16 pm

I do a lot of traveling with my free time, and I attended the Devils Lake vs. Minot game in Minot on Saturday. This may surprise some, but Devils Lake truely outplayed Minot virtually the whole game.

While the game ended 4-3 (OT) in Minot's favor, Devils Lake played a lot better than it seems. They outshot the Magi as well.

With me being me, I thought the officiating was very one-sided to Minot's advantage, and many other people attending the game thought so as well. I was told that Minot's coach apologized to DL coach, I believe his name is Henry, for the poor officiating job done during the game. One goal that actually happened was called off, and blatant penalties were missed throughout the whole game.

Personally, I think Devils Lake is capable of making some commotion this year at regionals/state, especially if they pull together an effort like the one they showed me this past Saturday afternoon.
wawa
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DL06 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:27 am

I would like people to know that we did the same thing to grafton and to fargo north.  we may not have won the games but we showed them that devils lake is nothing to look past anymore.  We have a very young team, and let me remind you that minot has 14 seniors this year and we have 4.  we are out to prove that we can play with anyone in the state, east or west. 
DL06
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DrPepper1 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:25 pm

Devils Lake will not have a chance at state this year if they even make it.  How can you expect a team that loses to Fargo North to have any chance at playing with Red River or South.  The tie against GPR isn't even that impressive with the way they have been playing lately.  GPR was embarassed by both South and Red River 6-2 and lost to a weak Central team in the last couple of weeks.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:37 pm

I have to agree with ya Drpepper, the west better bring its A game to state or south and red river are gonna take it to ya. Because South and Red River are better then GPR and Central teams ya couldnt beat.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:54 pm

may i remind you? The BIG BAD RR team 5 Minot 4 only by a litterally last SECOND goal. I think id have to say you guys are overrating RR and southa little bit. Williston and minot had a one goal game high and minot had close games and dl and minot had close games and minot nearly knocked off RR. I think everyone should stop fighting about who is going to win, because anything can happen...Its hockey! any of the 8 teams east and west could take it this year.
every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:08 pm

The tourny will come down to the top 3 east and the top 3 west .The 4th seed west fargo can not compare to the top 3 getting blown off the ice by 5 or more, and even losing  3-0 to north. In the east i think north might have a good chance of knocking off west fargo. High will have to bring their top game to avoid getting knocked off in the west tourny.
every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Return to Hockey