2018 ND Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2018 ND Hockey

Postby hazpay » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:33 am

Again we're looking at five schools that legitimately have a chance to compete at a state level:

GF Central (obviously)
GF Red River
Fargo Davies
Bismarck Century
Bismarck High School

These teams will spend the season beating up on everyone else. Is it time to tier high school hockey in ND?

(secondary thought: why is Minot not dominant in EVERY sport? Makes no sense with their massive enrollment)
hazpay
NDPreps Reserve

Re: 2018 ND Hockey

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:11 am

hazpay wrote:Again we're looking at five schools that legitimately have a chance to compete at a state level:

GF Central (obviously)
GF Red River
Fargo Davies
Bismarck Century
Bismarck High School

These teams will spend the season beating up on everyone else. Is it time to tier high school hockey in ND?

(secondary thought: why is Minot not dominant in EVERY sport? Makes no sense with their massive enrollment)

Couldn't you say that about the top Division in almost every sport - FB, Boy's/Girl's BB, VB, etc.... Only a few schools have a legitimate shot at winning the State Championship? I agree that we need a 2nd tier of hockey in ND, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Heck in girl's hockey Bismarck has had an All Star team for years and the NDHSAA doesn't really care.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hockeynut » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:25 pm

Sportsrube wrote:
hazpay wrote:Again we're looking at five schools that legitimately have a chance to compete at a state level:

GF Central (obviously)
GF Red River
Fargo Davies
Bismarck Century
Bismarck High School

Couldn't you say that about the top Division in almost every sport - FB, Boy's/Girl's BB, VB, etc.... Only a few schools have a legitimate shot at winning the State Championship? I agree that we need a 2nd tier of hockey in ND, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Heck in girl's hockey Bismarck has had an All Star team for years and the NDHSAA doesn't really care.

Don’t get me started on girls hockey in Bismarck. It’s a complete joke that there isn’t 2 teams.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndhockeygal » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:44 am

2nd tiers are sooo needed in a lot of sports in ND and in some places more teams. Isn't the point to get kids involved? How do you keep them motivated and wanting to participate when they get annihilated when they play.
ndhockeygal
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:06 am

I see the Bismarck All Stars won another state title, more ammunition for those who don't want another team HS girls team in Bismarck - "we win, why change it"! How many girls are being denied a chance to play HS hockey because the powers that be refuse to break up their all star team?
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:34 am

I agree that it's ridiculous that Bismarck and GF has 1 team and Fargo 2. How are DL, Jamestown, etc. supposed to compete with that? They are scratching by to barely have enough to fill out a team while these other large cities have enough for more.

I also agree that there needs to be two tiers of boys' hockey. I feel that if you do that places like WC, Langdon, etc will add programs. How long until MPCG participation numbers fall off since they won't be able to compete in the EDC?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Hockey